Watching Champion's League in BA

Robino

Registered
Not that I'm a big football fan but I have to say the Champion's League is always a pleasure to watch, and my hometown (Lyon - OL) is always part of it so it raises my interest for the competition.

I was wondering how I will manage to see games while in BA. I guess you can't watch them on TV without paying for plenty of cable channels I'll never watch.

So maybe there are websites that offers pay per view live streaming games? Have you heard of such sites? I'm not talking about illegal streaming sites, not because it is illegal actually, but because they always have the worst quality and freeze every ten minutes. I'm looking for a serious secure site with high quality streaming.

There's also the bar option but unless I'm with some friends I'd rather be at home enjoying the game while lying on a couch.

Any good information on where to watch C1 games is welcomed though.

Hey!
I watch a lot of games - mostly Bayern ;-) - via this:
http://www.myp2p.eu/index.php?part=home

There is a "how-to" guide...or you just download e.g. the "Sopcast"-Player (goolge it) to watch the games listed on the page.
If you have a good internet connection, then you should get a decent stream with no break-ups.
If you want to watch football in a bar...there is the "Locos x el fútbol" in Recolta (new location: Vincente Lopez/Azcuénaga)...they must have about 25 flatscreen tvs that show all kinds of games...and of course the CL!
Best,
Robin

The culture, prevalent in Europe, of watching football in the pub with your mates, isn't very strong here. Added to that, the Champions League games are on at 4 pm local time, makes it hard to find a bar open to even get a group of ex-pats together. During teh World Cup, Sugar Bar showed all the matches, and may open up for Champions League games, but a lot of bars here only open in the evenings, so you would have to check.

Obviously, the local TV companies show the Champions League games (I think they are on Fox), but its back to watching in your apartment, rather than the bars I fear.

Liam3494 said:
Obviously, the local TV companies show the Champions League games (I think they are on Fox), but its back to watching in your apartment, rather than the bars I fear.

And they mainly show teams which are :
- spanish
- italian
- big teams

Unfortunately the Olympique Lyonnais is none of them (désolé Robino :D ... D'ailleurs je ne suis ni pour le PSG ni pour l'OM :D)

Too, watching CNN5 (Chinese) on Tvuplayer is quite good. I managed watching the WC with my tethered iphone (streaming speed was aroung 300k and still image was quite good, and video was smooth).

Liam3494 said:

If there are games on local tv that's perfect, going in bars to watch football is my last option. I hate sports bars.

FrenchJurist> Well, in the end the OL always get to play big teams so I might be able to see them kick out the Real once again. : p

Robino said:
If there are games on local tv that's perfect, going in bars to watch football is my last option. I hate sports bars.

FrenchJurist> Well, in the end the OL always get to play big teams so I might be able to see them kick out the Real once again. : p

Yes, I was kidding, good luck to OL. It was nice to see them beat the Real.
Anyway, this year again Barcelona will likely win, maybe Real next year ?

Give OL's draw in the Champions League Group B, along with Benfica, Schalke 04 and Hapue Tel Aviv, I doubt they will show any of their games in the Group Stages - No offence, but none of these teams are "followed" here in any real way.... Still, in that group, a good chance of getting through to the knockout stages.

Liam3494 said:
Give OL's draw in the Champions League Group B, along with Benfica, Schalke 04 and Hapue Tel Aviv, I doubt they will show any of their games in the Group Stages - No offence, but none of these teams are "followed" here in any real way.... Still, in that group, a good chance of getting through to the knockout stages.

That's right, but I'd be happy to watch some Barcelone/Chelsea/MU/Real games too.

FrenchJurist> I'd say Barcelona or Chelsea will win. I think the Catalans will have an easy Liga championship (they already won?) and might be surprised by some teams in the knockout stage of the Champion's League. OL could do all the contrary: struggling to reach the podium in championship but reaching the semi-finals after beating a big team in CL. The team should be better than last year.

Back