Watching TV online

london2ba

Registered
Can anyone tell me how to trick my computer into thinking it's still in the UK? After a trip to England I'm really missing the on demand TV.

I know there was a similar post on here a couple of months ago but I didn't manage to find it.

Many thanks,

I posted this to another thread earlier this year:

I'm using a proxy service from Ireland with servers in a few countries including the US and the UK. They have a paid option and a free option, and so far I haven't found the need to opt for the paid service as the free server works just fine. The only downside is that you have to download software to use it, but as far as I can tell, there is no spy or malware contained in the file. The service is Overplay and you can find them at www.overplay.net.

I'm testing another option in the US by the name of PublicVPN, and I've been very pleased with their service as well. There is no free option, but if you write to their CS department they'll give you a free 7-day trial. Their paid option is cheaper than Overplay's, clocking in at $6.95 USD p/m versus $9.95 p/m USD. Another advantage of PublicVPN is that there is no software to download; they give you the instructions for setting up a VPN login through the network utility of your existing OS. Their address, as you might have guessed, is www.publicvpn.com. Tell them Coco del Bosque sent you

Happy surfing!

Back