Water safe to drink?

Actually arsenic levels can be pretty high depending on where you are:

"Hace dos años, un estudio argentino publicado en la revista Science of the Total Environment dio cuenta de que uno de cada 10 argentinos vive en una zona donde el agua está contaminada con arsénico. Sólo en la provincia de Buenos Aires, se detectaron 31 localidades con niveles por encima de los 10 mcg/l, de acuerdo con esa primera revisión de investigaciones y registros de 15 años. El 87% de las muestras obtenidas en municipios bonaerenses en ese período superaban los valores seguros para la población."

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/2133055...ento-advierte-sobre-la-contaminacion-del-agua

This page on AySA has a document that you can download with more information about the city water which may answer your question.

AySA installed a water meter for our building on Wednesday. That means we will be paying for what we use from now on, which probably means we will see an increase.

Two years ago I installed a PSA filter attached to my kitchen faucet for cleaner drinking and cooking water.

Do you remember what brand? Would something I buy on Amazon in the states work? I like the ones you attach to the kitchen faucets, if you have a link, it would be much appreciated! Thanks @jantango

This page on AySA has a document that you can download with more information about the city water which may answer your question.

AySA installed a water meter for our building on Wednesday. That means we will be paying for what we use from now on, which probably means we will see an increase.

Two years ago I installed a PSA filter attached to my kitchen faucet for cleaner drinking and cooking water.

Thank you for the link. I messaged AySA and expecting their reply. And, to let everyone know, after a few days of research I found out that most of the stuff you don't want in your water can be removed from tap water by chemicals which are harmless and can be obtained from Mercado Libre. Mostly this is activated alumina that is amazingly effective at adsorbing fluoride, arsenic and heavy metals including lead and ascorbic acid which neutralizes all chlorine compounds. Just treating tap water with the 2 is going to make it very pure and is much cheaper than using commercial filters. I'm getting both shortly and will post my results. Happy Sunday :)

Do you remember what brand? Would something I buy on Amazon in the states work? I like the ones you attach to the kitchen faucets, if you have a link, it would be much appreciated!
https://invigoratedwater.com/collec...ts/products/faucet-tap-water-filter-ph-purify
You can buy it from the company directly or from Amazon. Have had it here and NA for a year, check the list of chemicals it removes. Filter cartridge lasts up to a year with once a month 3 minutes cleaning with sand paper. same company has shower filters that are just as good and just as easy to install and cheap. Customer service is superb.
PSA are grossly overpriced due to the vending pyramid scheme and not worth quarter of their price.

Back