Water Water everywhere.....

We use the Brita filter, and let it stand a while, that gets rid of the chlorine smell.

Too bad you can't get tap water in restaurants. Meals would be a lot more reasonable. Wine is cheap. Water is expensive.

TomAtAlki said:
Too bad you can't get tap water in restaurants. Meals would be a lot more reasonable. Wine is cheap. Water is expensive.

Of course you can get tap water in restaurants! Just ask the waiter for a glass of agua de canilla.

I drink tap water from home because I live in an apartment building which pays a company once a month to clean the water tank.

Roxana said:
I drink tap water from home because I live in an apartment building which pays a company once a month to clean the water tank.

That's great Roxana, more consorcios should have the tanks cleaned once a month. La ley sanitaria requires that water tanks in apartment buildings be cleaned / disinfected every six months. If you look at your liquidacion de expensas, it's on there (limpieza de tanque). It's usually done by the same company that takes care of extermination / pest control.

http://www.desinfectamos.com.ar/tanques-agua-potable.asp

Davidglen77 said:
If the building is old, you are guaranteed to be getting a dose of lead, as older pipes were always soldered with lead solder.
Have to correct you there.

Cut an old iron pipe with pewter/lead soldering and what do you find?
A fat layer of chalk isolating the water from the lead.

The Romans knew this 2,000 years ago, so they "cured" the pipes for some years before they started drinking the water, as described in old engineering handbooks.

BTW: Some small part of any water you drink anywhere has probably been through King James' kidneys, Newton's too and Koo Fung Mai's, etc.

John.St said:
Have to correct you there.

Cut an old iron pipe with pewter/lead soldering and what do you find?
A fat layer of chalk isolating the water from the lead.

The Romans knew this 2,000 years ago, so they "cured" the pipes for some years before they started drinking the water, as described in old engineering handbooks.

BTW: Some small part of any water you drink anywhere has probably been through King James' kidneys, Newton's too and Koo Fung Mai's, etc.

I totally accept your correction, however most water pipes in Argentina are not iron. They are copper (in high end buildings) or the entire pipe is lead itself and soldered with lead at it's joints.

Back