We All Need A Pharmacists Assistence To Buy Aspirin Now

Never one to complain ;-), I was shocked (not so much shocked, more like totally annoyed again) upon visiting Farmacity earlier today to buy some aspirin only to learn that those genuii in the city administration have passed a new law. The row nearest to the prescription counter, the one that holds the cold medications, aspirin, tylenol, decongestants and many other products openly sold over the counter in every country of the world has been roped off. To enter and select goods, you have to ask a pharmacist to assist you.

When I mentioned how utterly stupid this was, I got the same standard "I know I'm right even though I have never traveled or lived in another country" answer that the portenos love to give....according to the pharmacist, in other countries one has to have a prescription for these products. One has to have a prescription for an aspirin??!?! Where?

Ah, the life and times of living in BA. They do it to themselves....sigh!

haha, today I just walked into the roped off area and took some hey fever tablets, the woman looked annoyed.

I buy my 2mg xanax bars, which I use for my overnights from eze, from the mom and pop pharmacy in my neighborhood, not once have they asked for a prescription

When I first moved here, you could buy painkillers in supermarkets and quioscos - normally just one sheet of them rather than a sealed box. Then it was discovered that a lot of these were 'fake', almost exactly like the originals to look at, but definitely not produced by the big name laboratories they claimed and a lot of them were actually considered dangerous to take.
After this, you could only get them at a pharmacy.
And now you have to ask for them from the pharmacist.

Back