we might transfer to BA but need advise ... PLEASE !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just suggested to walk from Recoleta to Microcentro, so I would guess that most offices are within walking distance from Retiro
If you board a train before 7.30-7.45 or after 20.30-21.00 the train is not packed, but this is a problem where every major city suffer from. All of sudden the London undergrond or the NY metro are empty during rush hour, they are not.
Rome is boring, Italian people are boring. Rome must be the most overrated major city I have ever been and I have been to many. Oh wait, Milan is ever more boring and even more overrated.
Malaga is ugly, Transit is not logical and it´s full of poor foreigners. Shopping at Corte Ingles is nice though
Why would you want to go to the poorer parts in town? It´s not like most foreigners are doing the same in CT.

Expats are useally not the ones who work part-time
But what would you think the average commuting time is in NY, Paris, SP, Tokyo or London?

Recoleta is not what the girl from the first person is looking for.
That would probally be zona norte or maybe Belgrano

"CABJ" said:
Expats are useally not the ones who work part-time
But what would you think the average commuting time is in NY, Paris, SP, Tokyo or London?

"Expats are useally not the ones who work part-time" means what? What
does the average commuting time in other cities have to do with Lulu's
situation? If you can live and work in Manhattan you might not have to
commute at all. If you live in the Microcenter in BA this would also
be true, but I would not recommend it. Recoleta is safer and has some
areas that are much greener than other parts of the city while still
being close enough to the center for a "short" commute. If they rent
a temporary apartment for six months (the standard term for foreigners)
they will have the time to discover if they want to stay longer and
where they might want to live (if it is out of the city) in the
future.

"CABJ" said:
Recoleta is not what the girl from the first person is looking for.
That would probally be zona norte or maybe Belgrano
If you read Lulu's second post you will find: "I had no idea about the commuting taking so long! So even if you live
in Belgrano or Racoleta it takes that long to get downtown?"

That they useally work long hours
Recoleta is just not the place were they or she is looking for, but you seem to know they are but let´s leave it with that. You won.

If a one-hour commute is to much a nice semi piso in Belgrano with loads of parks near and close to the subte or train station would be good as well
A small house near to estacion Nunez of Linea Mitre would also be okay. But that depends on where you work
That would cut travel to about 35-45 min

I am only suggesting Recoleta for one to six months. There are many temporary apartments and its a relatively safe and easy place to start to know the city, including looking for longer term rentals in other areas.

"LuLu_CT" said:
We live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and apart from the crime and politics we are very spoilt, living on the slopes of table mountain with the sea right in front of us. We LOVE it here !!... Where we live, the air is clean and we have exotic mountains, beaches minutes away. Would we find organic produce and household goods (very 'green' family) ... we don't want to live in a chaotic, dirty, polluted, noisy city with druggies on every corner. We love nature and outdoor spaces and neighborhoods that are green and baby friendly.We also like fresh air.... at the end of the day we must feel happy to be living in the city with our baby and this is what concerns us ....

You are right CABJ. They aren't looking for Recoleta, but they will not find what they are looking for in Capital Federal or Zona Norte or anything close to what they already have in CT. Even the nicest sections of Belgrano are still sadly distant from the mountains and the sea. I wonder how long it would take before their faces bore the same sad, joyless expressions as the rest of the commuters jammed into the trains, buses and subways here. To be happy here you have to WANT to live here. Quite a few Argentines (especially the doctors I know) and even some expats don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back