We want dialogue! No, not here, not now!

bradlyhale said:
I have no dog in this fight. But Argentina scolding the UK for not giving into requests from an international organization is kind of laughable. Maybe the UK can make a deal with Argentina: You pay back your debts and return YPF to Repsol, and we'll sit down and chit-chat about the Falklands.

Argentina on respecting intergovernmental organizations? Ha. :rolleyes:

You must be super-smart... but I am having a hard time making the connection here.

expatinowncountry said:
You must be super-smart... but I am having a hard time to make the connection here.

Argentina scolds the UK for not respecting international organizations. However, the Argentine government has repeatedly ignored international organizations in the past when what they had to say wasn't favorable to their interests. I'm sure you haven't forgotten about the debts that Argentina refused to pay back to the IMF and the money it still owes to some private groups. And what about YPF? Argentina surely didn't feel it was necessary to "sit down" and "have a dialogue" with Spain, the European Union, or the United States on judicial security.

The problem with Argentina is that it hails the international community when its opinion favors Argentina; yet when the international community comes down on Argentina, its opinion is deemed to be a threat to Argentine sovereignty.

I'm not saying two wrongs make a right. I just find it laughable that Argentina has the audacity to criticize the UK for not complying with international institutions when its track record is hardly admirable.

People are forgetting Britain complied with the previous non binding resolutions and were involved in talks right up until the invasion in 82. They even had talks in the 2000s which Nestor walked out on.

Argentina failed to comply with the binding security council resolutions to leave the islands in 82.

30 years is not that long ago, Argentina should focus on becoming a country that the Falklands would be fools not to want to be involved with. (This would benefit all of us on these forums!)

Work with them on oil, fisheries etc without the bile demanding they give up their land and a few generations down the line, when wars are a distant memory, they may want more integration with South America.

As for the uninhabited South Atlantic islands, Argentina has no claim at all on them. They have the same status as Bouvet Island. Random Islands discovered a long long time ago by explorers and claimed by their respective countries.

Gringoboy said:
You do live on the same planet as us, don't you?

I doubt we dont, Im with my feets on the earth and you seems to be somewhere else. Everything I told about the war is true without exceptions!

flowerpower said:
I doubt we dont, Im with my feets on the earth and you seems to be somewhere else. Everything I told about the war is true without exceptions!

The first victim of a war is the truth so you can hardly know everything that happened back there.

Second, I think there is misunderstanding because you used the wrong verb tense. You implied that today the inexistent Argentine air force could match the royal air force. What you probably implied is that back in 1982 the Argentine air force did quite well given their limitation. But really who cares? Wars suck big time. As an Argentine, do you think the war was worthwhile all the lives of those young soldiers? People in this country talk so much about those islands but how many would actually live there if they have the opportunity? You really need to have Scotish blood to put up with that weather...

flowerpower said:

Here, Power of The Flower, allow me to translate into Standard English what you have just committed to binary.

'I doubt that I do. I have my feet firmly planted on the ground and you seem to be somewhere else. Everything I told you about the war is true, with no exceptions.'

That is a rough translation of your quite delicious English and this is what you really wanted to say:

'I am doubting this myself actually. I'm not sure where my feet are exactly as I'm having trouble extracting them from my mouth. Everything I told you about the war is what I have learned at Primary school or watched on the Disney Channel or maybe even Youtube; I can't remember.'

John.St said:
According to The Global Peace Index, Argentina has the same military capacity as Ghana or Morocco and 2/3 of e.g. Sweden or Finland.

http://www.visionofhumanity.org/gpi-data/#/2012/MCAP/

Haha, thats the most funny I ever read. Do you think that is a true??..
Argentina only haves reported a 1/4 part of his military capacity to the world. CFK and early govs. only shows to the world a face, to keep the idea that Arg is a pacifyc country. But the true is that Arg Has been producing military veiclues and weapons in factorys from Cordoba and Rio Negro since begining of the 90's. Arg got the same military capacity as Brasil of even better to day, but just undeclarated.

Gringoboy said:
Here, Power of The Flower, allow me to translate into Standard English what you have just committed to binary.

'I doubt that I do. I have my feet firmly planted on the ground and you seem to be somewhere else. Everything I told you about the war is true, with no exceptions.'

That is a rough translation of your quite delicious English and this is what you really wanted to say:

'I am doubting this myself actually. I'm not sure where my feet are exactly as I'm having trouble extracting them from my mouth. Everything I told you about the war is what I have learned at Primary school or watched on the Disney Channel or maybe even Youtube; I can't remember.'

No, what I meant is exactly what I said. If you use distney channel and you rely on what you learned in your elementary school to gib your opinion here, then accept it as such and do not ascribe to others. :p

flowerpower said:
Haha, thats the most funny I ever read. Do you think that is a true??..
Argentina only haves reported a 1/4 part of his military capacity to the world. CFK and early govs. only shows to the world a face, to keep the idea that Arg is a pacifyc country. But the true is that Arg Has been producing military veiclues and weapons in factorys from Cordoba and Rio Negro since begining of the 90's. Arg got the same military capacity as Brasil of even better to day, but just undeclarated.

Shhhhhhh...... Careless talk costs lives.

No need for spies now !

Back