Weather anomalies ( Tornado EF5)

perry

Registered
Strange weather anomalies continue in the state of Missisipi USA with record floods and the USA is now facing its worst year ever recorded for tornadoes. In my opinion there is no weather event that can compare to the destruction that a tornado can cause . I thank god that I do not live in a tornado belt but I am aware that Argentina can have tornadoes of minor intensity-

The tragedy of Joplin Missouri is without precedent with a E5 Tornado completely flattening most of this city and leaving over 100 confirmed dead and close to 2000 missing. There has never been in my lifetime a worst tornado recorded with this corresponding human toll .

http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...tornado-tragedy-death-toll-could-be-thousands

If I lived near the New Madrid fault line I would definetly do everything to move from there as there seems a pattern of weather anomalies that precede major earthquakes.

It's my home state, and I'd say we're used to dealing with tornadoes... but no tornado of that size. I grew up about 4 hours from Joplin, and I've never seen such destruction.

They've been saying that a major earthquake would strike the region (New Madrid) ever since I was a child. It happened before, and it will happen again.

What makes Joplin all-the-more tragic is that it follows the deadly tornadoes that struck Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia and Tenn. just two weeks ago which took the lives of 292 people.

Not to mention the 2 devestating tornadoes yesterday in Oklahoma. Not sure the death toll, but the twisters were HUGE nevertheless.

texxaslonghorn said:
Not to mention the 2 devestating tornadoes yesterday in Oklahoma. Not sure the death toll, but the twisters were HUGE nevertheless.

DFW Airport and Texas Ranger stadium were evacuated...fortunately, the storms passed without incident in Texas. See picture link

texas-rangers-evacuate-ballpark-after-tornado-warnings1.jpg

Back