Weekend in Colonia???

majortungsten

Registered
Hey,
Is anyone planning a trip to Colonia this weekend that I can tag along with?
I hate travelling alone, and none of my booooring friends want to go!!!

I realise it's a long shot, but you don't ask - you don't get.

PM or reply....
Cheers.
(ps: I'm not a psycho :D)

Do yourself a favour and travel to Montevideo. Or simply take the first boat back to Buenos Aires. After strolling around for half and hour and having had a Chivito... you'll be bored.

Just went on Monday! :/ My boyfriend wanted to send me alone.... I wasn't letting him off the hook!

It's actually not a bad idea to try to set up a 'Colonia' day for those that need to go.

I actually like colonia, last time I went I had a excellent rabbit ravioli at this little art gallery/restaurant that I stumbled across randomly. Its always a nice place to relax on the beach in the warm months, never been in winter.

Well cheers for the input fellas (although not the positive response I was after...)
I only plan for one day, and I'll make my own mind up.
It looks a little bit like a place back home in Wales so I should like it....

It's a nice place to stroll around for a few hours. I like the town and little shops, but there's not a whole lot to do since it's small. There's an aquarium (which I haven't visited), a church, lighthouse, museums, lovely views of the river, and lots of shops/restaurants. The colorful buildings and cobblestone streets have their charm, but once you've been once or twice, there's not a whole lot more to see. I did find the people to be quite friendly.

This past Monday was very wet and cold, so it wasn't as nice. Looks like this weekend will be much better. :) I'm sure you'll have a pleasant time - have fun!

I think Colonia is dull as dirt. Food is expensive, nothing much to see and you are trapped until the next ferry. A full weekend is a real mistake.

If you don't want to be bored in Colonia you should take some time and talk to the locals, not just "see the sights." The people there are so polite and the beaches are so peaceful. I'd gladly spend an entire weekend there if I could to unwind from Buenos Aires.

Back