Weight-Loss Medications in BsAs?

dani28

Registered
Not wanting to sound like a pill popper or anything, but I used to be able to purchase in BsAs a weight-loss medication known as Reductol, which was a great and effective medication which really helped you lose a few extra lbs safely in a pretty short period of time by curbing your appetite. it was great for quickly shedding those few extra lbs you always get when you come back from holiday, for example.

To make a long story short, due to the fact that apparently many adolescents were abusing of this medication to the point of anorexia, the Ministry of Health has taken this medication and all meds containing its main ingredient Sibutramine, off of the market in Argentina, just a few months ago.

I am now wondering about the general availability of effective weight-loss medications in Argentina. I know Alli (Orlistat) is available, but its quite expensive here. Is there an Argentine-generic of this? Any other good suggestions anybody has had luck with? Like I said, I dont need anything long-term, just something to use for the occasional ¨few pounds¨ gain.

Thanks

I appreciate the common sense advise. I am by no means overweight, I eat a healthy diet and am plenty active, but I am very prone to gaining weight at the slighest change of my regular eating habits (IE: travelling to the USA and having to eat out frequently while there, etc) and have a medically-diagnosed metabolism issue which prevents me from later losing this gained weight, which is why this Reductol worked wonders for me, and I was just wondering if there was anyone else who used weight-loss medications that could advise something other than an apple.

Thanks

Just FYI, it wasn't Argentina's decision to stop selling Reductol. Fact is, sibutramine is no longer available anywhere in the world -- the manufacturer has completely withdrawn it from the market, due to dangerous side effects.

starlucia said:
Just FYI, it wasn't Argentina's decision to stop selling Reductol. Fact is, sibutramine is no longer available anywhere in the world -- the manufacturer has completely withdrawn it from the market, due to dangerous side effects.
You can still get it in Mexico.

Back