Western Union money transfer

Believe it or Not? Just made a Transfer Estimator to send US$500 the rate mentioned is 76.22 ARS pesos per US dollar? . It's a unique oppty. if you have some to deposit dollars cash at a WU USA location. (I was a doubting Thomas)

Summary
Exchange Rate2

1.00 USD = 76.2200 ARS

Transfer amount 500.00 USD

Transfer fee2+ 7.00 USD

Promo discount Apply promo

Transfer total 507.00 USD

Total to receiver
38110.00ARS

Service time:1In minutes

Believe it or Not? Just made a Transfer Estimator to send US$500 the rate mentioned is 76.22 ARS pesos per US dollar? . It's a unique oppty. if you have some to deposit dollars cash at a WU USA location. (I was a doubting Thomas)

Does "some" actually mean someone?

I must be missing something because I just looked into sending via western union and it gives me this rate: 1.00 USD = 65.0843 ARS which is about the same as Xoom and it takes four days, plus you have to download their app.

I must be missing something because I just looked into sending via western union and it gives me this rate: 1.00 USD = 65.0843 ARS which is about the same as Xoom and it takes four days, plus you have to download their app.

Select Options
  1. Pay CASH dollars at USA WU location
  2. Collect CASH pesos at BA WU location

Last edited:

I saw the same on the link give by THE Rich one.

In order to get the higher exchange rate you don't have to login and you can't use the app.

You can go to the Western Union US website and set up the transaction as a guest.

The funds must be paid in cash at a Western Union agency in the US and they mush be picked up iin cash at a Western Union agency in Argentina.

As soon as you indicate that you are sending $ to Argentina and select that the $ will be paid in cash in USD in the US and picked up in pesos in Argentina, you will see the higher rate.

Then enter the required information:

The state in which the funds will be paid.

The sender's name, address and phone number (you don't have to know their ID number but they must show a govt issued ID to send the $).

Your name and the govt issued ID (passport or DNI with CUIL/CUIT) you will be using to pick up the $.

PS: The rate will be locked in for 12 hours and the funds will be avialble "minutes" after being sent.

Last edited:
In order to get the higher exchange rate you don't have to login and you can't use the app.

You can go to the Western Union US website and set up the transaction as a guest.

The funds must be paid in cash at a Western Union agency in the US and they mush be picked up iin cash at a Western Union agency in Argentina.

As soon as you indicate that you are sending $ to Argentina and select that the $ will be paid in cash in USD in the US and picked up in pesos in Argentina, you will see the higher rate.

Then enter the required information:

The state in which the funds will be paid.

The sender's name, address and phone number (you don't have to know their ID number but they must show a govt issued ID to send the $).

Your name and the govt issued ID (passport or DNI with CUIL/CUIT) you will be using to pick up the $.

PS: The rate will be locked in for 12 hours and the funds will be avialble "minutes" after being sent.

What about the maximum daily limits for remittances..? thanks

You meant available.

Last edited:
What about the maximum daily limits for remittances..? thanks
The daily limit to send is on the WU site. I think it's up to $299K pesos, but I'm not absolutely certain.

What's critical is how much can be picked up. Yesterday, I asked at Correo Argentino in Punta Alta and they told me $20K per day.

I asked at a kiosko and they told me $100K.

I wouldn't want to have to drive to Bahia Blanca just to get the $.

You meant available.

Touche!

What's critical is how much can be picked up. Yesterday, I asked at Correo Argentino in Punta Alta and they told me $20K per day.

I asked at a kiosko and they told me $100K.

Of course the full amount of each transfer must be picked up at the same time at the same locatin.

I got the idea from the folks at the Kiosk that they could handle a larger amount, but I might have t "come back later" to pick up the funds.

Back