Western Union money transfer

This morning I picked up money from WU that my mother had sent me from the States. She had to give them only my name and the country where the money was going. I already had the WU app on my phone, so I upload the transfer number and info about the sender and myself. I then went to the WU on Montevideo at Cordoba, the largest of all the WU branches. There is always a long line there, but if you have used the app, you can use a much shorter designated line. I was out in ten minutes or so. The money was sent at 76,22 and the transfer fee was 8 US dollars, with the net exchange rate being 75,61.

This morning I picked up money from WU that my mother had sent me from the States. She had to give them only my name and the country where the money was going. I already had the WU app on my phone, so I upload the transfer number and info about the sender and myself. I then went to the WU on Montevideo at Cordoba, the largest of all the WU branches. There is always a long line there, but if you have used the app, you can use a much shorter designated line. I was out in ten minutes or so. The money was sent at 76,22 and the transfer fee was 8 US dollars, with the net exchange rate being 75,61.
Was your CUIL/CUIT number required to be entered when you set up the transfer?

It's good to know you were able to use the app!.

Did you set up the transfer using the app?
Was your CUIL/CUIT number required to be entered when you set up the transfer?
I didn't set up the transfer using the app; I used the app only to pick up the money. To pick up the money I'm pretty sure I did have to put my CUIL in the app. All my mother had to do to send me the money was to give them (in a Publix with WU)
my name and country and some info about herself (name, address and phone number).

I didn't set up the transfer using the app; I used the app only to pick up the money. To pick up the money I'm pretty sure I did have to put my CUIL in the app. All my mother had to do to send me the money was to give them (in a Publix with WU)
my name and country and some info about herself (name, address and phone number).
Did you set up the transfer on line in advance, using your mother's data and locking in the rate, or did she go to the Publix and initiate the transfer herself?

Trying to retrieve pesos today in zona norte.
WU says they don't have enough pesos, come back Monday.
Where are people picking up?
Anything over a few grand?

it’s not like you really feel it, it would have been great(for expats) if the dollar had risen without the massive inflation. Honestly I feel like even at 80 I would still get less for my dollars then when it was at 4.

You got that right...

Burger fries and beer back then $2.50 now $ 8 to $10 depending on where you go or perhaps more. But some families here cook out their homes I can still get a burger and fries there for about $3. Not bad but they sure do not use top quality beef etc. Oh well.

Back