Western Union money transfer

hmm where do you live? lol Frutillas are 80 cents per pound.

I see your point. However irrespective of the price of Frutillas Elsewhere in the world..! When Frutilla prices go up more than the Blue. means I save less dollars ...! It's a Merry-go-Around.
On the other hand when the dollar goes up, I feel, my rent in pesos goes down. Until the next major rent increase..!

Time to start paying my us bills with my arg debit card...
I pay for Netflix with pesos transferred at the WU rate. The monthly service is billed in dollars to my Argentine credit card...and converted to pesos at the official rate...(plus 30%).

The only other US bills I ever had to pay was my Blue Cross health insurance, which I cancelled in 2006 abd the annual fees for my US credit cards, which I stopped using in 2010.

PS: The WU rate this afternoon is $192.30

Last edited:
Many thanks, New member here and my first post in the forum, planning a trip next year.
Quick noob question please,
WU app says the fee to transfer 1000 GBP (1353 USD) is 5.90 GBP, Total transaction amount with the fee is 1005.90 GBP and cash pickup at WU is 260k pesos (which I think is pretty close to the blue rate) so is the $20 fee for 300 bucks, etc. Charged separately when we actually pick up the cash at WU in BA? If that is the case than cash pick up would be around 240k pesos that is after the transaction fee of roughly 90 USD for 1353 USD transferred amount?

Saludos!

192 is crazy

Oh, and I have never heard the term "flat white" outside these forums.
I bought a small cafe con leche and three surprisingly decent medialunas for 150 pesos in Villa Urquiza this morning. The girl was asking me what size I wanted, so she held up the small cup and asked "el chiquito?". Then she looked puzzled when I laughed out loud. In the vernacular Spanish of the San Diego/Tijuana border region, that expression means "the anus".

WU app says the fee to transfer 1000 GBP (1353 USD) is 5.90 GBP, Total transaction amount with the fee is 1005.90 GBP and cash pickup at WU is 260k pesos (which I think is pretty close to the blue rate) so is the $20 fee for 300 bucks, etc. Charged separately when we actually pick up the cash at WU in BA? If that is the case than cash pick up would be around 240k pesos that is after the transaction fee of roughly 90 USD for 1353 USD transferred amount?
Western Union transfer fees for cash pick up are paid by the sender when the transfer is made.

The recipient should NOT have to pay anything when they pick up the funds.

I pay for Netflix with pesos transferred at the WU rate. The monthly service is billed in dollars to my Argentine credit card...and converted to pesos at the official rate...(plus 30%).

The only other US bills I ever had to pay was my Blue Cross health insurance, which I cancelled in 2006 abd the annual fees for my US credit cards, which I stopped using in 2010.

PS: The WU rate this afternoon is $192.30

Do you not pay the solidarity rate (171) for international purchases? or is actually just the official (100) +30%?

If that is the case I'm about to go bananas as I thought you would be charge the solidarity rate...

Back