Western Union money transfer

Just for another data point, the transfer time for me is showing as next day, like it usually does. We'll see if it actually posts. They might have just sent your transfers for review if you don't usually transfer to your wife's account (or vice versa).
Thanks very much for the information. I transfer frequently to both accounts. I don't know what the problem is, but it must be specific to me. Maybe some problem with my bank. I just tried another transfer and again I have to wait a week.

195.60 at the moment!

Bad news. WU just started to charge a fee for bank to bank transfer. It charges 59 dollars for 1,000 USD in transfer. De facto this brings the exchange rate to the current blue rate of 183.

Bad news. WU just started to charge a fee for bank to bank transfer. It charges 59 dollars for 1,000 USD in transfer. De facto this brings the exchange rate to the current blue rate of 183.
A friend of mine just did a bank to bank transfer with no fee as usual. So there are some weird things going on.

It happened on Monday when the rate was about $191.

The rate was $183 and change early yesterday and $194.86 at the end of the day.

As Cordoba posted yesterday, if you enter DIGITAL21 in the promo code, the WU fee is ZERO, but there may be a delay before the funds are credited to the bank account.

Of course the longer the delay, the more likely the rate will change, but the transfer will be locked in at the rate at the time it was made.

For example, using the DIGITAL21 promo code, a transfer of $500 will lock in the rate of $196.50 and result in a deposit of $98.000 ARS.

Last edited:
It happened on Monday when the rate was about $191.

The rate was $183 and change early yesterday and $194.86 aat the end of the day.

As Cordoba posted yesterday, if you enter CENTURY21 in the promo code, the fee is ZERO (but there may be a delay before the funds are credited to the bank account.

Of course the longer the delay, the more likely the rate will change, but the transfer will be locked in at the rate at the time it was made.

Using the CENTURY21 promo code, a transfer of $1000 will lock in the rate of $196.50 and result in a deposit of $196.000 ARS.

If you go back and look, the code that Cordoba posted was DIGITAL21, not CENTURY21

Thanks I used the code and it s zero. Hopefully it s not a one time use code haha. It also said I will be getting the money tomorrow. So there is no delay.

Back