Western Union money transfer

Just tried promo code and it still works for me, too. (Using website.) But I still have the same high fees (around 5% of transfer amount, much more for small amounts).

Transfer rate now 200.00

Possum, $10 to transfer $100? That's a screw job.

My debit card expired, and the new one isn't arriving, nor is the replacement I requested, so I had to change to pulling the money direct from my bank account in the states. For this, WU charged me a 10 dollar fee on 100 dollars. I tried with the promo code, and it was stuck in the " we are thinking about it, we'll get back to you, probably within half an hour" stage for days and days. So I canceled and tried again, with promo code; same result.

So I canceled again, and tried a third time without the promo code, and this time it was approved in seconds, though I still had to wait 4 days before the money was available for pickup.

I picked up the cash this morning, arriving around 9:50am, and the WU main office at Cordoba & Montevideo was a complete clusterf***, with 50+ unhappy chetos waiting in line and abusing the tellers when their turn finally came. I should have known that the first business day after a holiday weekend was going to be a circus, but HDP...

At 8.30 the line was 10 deep, use your senior privileges....

Since I am new to the system, I tried a transfer on the mobile app

1usd : 200ars + the promo code worked

Looks like I'll need to learn the cueva system for cash.

When that happens, try to use a different browser or make sure your browser is updated to the newest. or change how you navigate (e.g. clock on "Start a New Transfer", instead of "Edit & resend".

Yup, yup, tried all these. Firefox is latest version. I tried Chrome, same results. I tried creating new from scratch, same results.

I checked just now and it's showing me a $10 fee for $100 if I pull from bank account, $11 if using debit card, and $13.50 with credit card.
Of course, just as it always has been, additional hundreds are only $5 each. so $15 for $200, and $20 for $300, with direct from bank account.

Also, it showed me a rate of only 197.15 just now. The long run of happy days may be over.

EUR Blue 230 / EUR WU 220

The blue is back on top.

This could simply be a seasonal lull in bond trading as everyone is at the beach and most businesses are on vacation.

Business - The Wall Street Journal5 hours ago
Argentine Bonds Rally on IMF Deal Hopes
Optimism that Argentina will strike a new agreement with the International Monetary Fund has lifted prices of the country’s government debt by about 10% in December.

That from Yahoo Finance. I can't read the Wall Street Journal article. They have a paywall.

But Argentine bond prices up in dollars, not offset (or not completely offset) by upward prices in pesos, will drive down the CCL, MEP, and similar trades.

Meanwhile, up goes the blue.

Back