Western Union money transfer

I called. WU said that Banco Santander rejected the funds...has anyone heard of that before?!
send another say 100 dollars to see if it goes this time. If not then call Santander and ask. And if not change banks.

Yes Santander Rio has always been an issue for me. For me it seems to start rejecting transfers after the 3rd one.

Yes Santander Rio has always been an issue for me. For me it seems to start rejecting transfers after the 3rd one.
I initiated my third WU transfer of the month to Santander Rio on Friday afternoon and the funds were in my account when I checked at 5 pm this afternoon.

Santander Rio has accepted all of my transfers during the past two years and has never asked for any documentation, but I have never made more than three transfers in a single month and haven't sent myself more than $1000 USD in any month during the past two years.

I will initiate my next transfer in the late afternoon on the 31 of January but the funds won't be credited to my account until February 1st. I still won't have ever made more than three transfers in one month, so I won't know if the limit is three transfers per month.

Perhaps the total amount sent in one month is more significant than the number of transfers. I plan to make two transfers of $250 USD each month during the rest of 2022, so I don't expect to have any issues with Santander Rio. I haven't had any since opening the account in 2012..

@Xynthiar if you don't mind me asking, how much are you sending and do you exist at all to AFIP? I ask because you might be triggering Santander's internal monitoring for UIF/KYC compliance, and if you don't reach out to your account manager they'll probably keep rejecting it if they have reason to believe there's something suspicious about your transfers.

I bank with Santander and have sent money to myself (and my mother to me too) and I've never had an issue, but like Steve, it's always been under 1K. That being said, I'm also a monotributista, have my facturas billed via AFIP to my Argentine clients, and also pay my bills (including AFIP and AGIP) via Santander so that might play in to it too.

What exactly causes account flagging isn't universal. For example, people who aren't in a dependency relationship or are monotributistas/autónomos
and start getting transfers for tens of thousands of pesos from peer to peer crypto currency sales often will trigger MercadoPago or their bank's KYC program, while retirees on this forum who aren't working/aren't monotributistas/autónomos go years of receiving upwards of 3K a month and never hear a peep. Sometimes I wonder if having a 9X.XXX.XXX in your DNI/CUIT/L somehow puts you lower on the list to be looked in to.

Either way, you can also consult your SIPER rating from AFIP:

The "Risk Profile System (SIPER)" is a computerized rating system that performs monthly evaluations on compliance with the formal and material obligations of citizens/residents.

This system identifies your fiscal behavior and will assign you a category granting or limiting the benefits linked to the collection, refund and/or transfer of taxes and social security resources, depending on the case in question. On the other hand, it favors transparency since it accurately and quickly reflects the fiscal behavior of citizens in order to establish differential procedures according to each profile.

To view your SIPER rating, go to https://www.afip.gob.ar/sitio/externos/default.asp Ingresar ---> enter your CUIT/L ---> enter your password ---> scroll down to Sistema registral ---> Trámites ---> SIPER ---> Ingresar.

For example, I have sent my husband several thousand dollars in 2020/21 and he's an A - Muy Bajo Riesgo and also works en blanco. You should check and see if you have a high SIPER rating as that might be what's causing issues for Santander too, but like I said, best approach is meeting in person with your account manager directly.

Back