Western Union money transfer

I was honestly "worried" it would drop a bit since there's been some vague good news about an agreement and the central bank has been actually buying dollars. I figured if it hadn't gone up after market open, I was probably safe. Oh well.

I made a transfer yesterday, I've made a promise to myself that I only look at the price now when I need to make a transfer.

It's like they bump the rate up upon completion of each of my transfers..
That's my rule now. I transfer when I need the money and do t look back at the rate the next day. My sanity is too thin to subject myself to the daily conversion rate increase fomo

F me I just pushed a transfer an hour ago for 218, lol.

If you're not sure whether to wait here's what I do:

Check the CCL exchange rate on dólar hoy. If the gap between the buy rate and Western Union rate is greater than 2-3 pesos it's likely WU will up their rate within 24 hours.

Last week when it was $208 I recommended waiting as the CCL was at $219, and about 36 hours later it went to $218.65. On Monday the CCL touched $229 for a bit and WU was at $218.65 still so it was only a matter of time.

Of course this only works if you can wait. You're also gambling short term because good economic news lowers the CCL, but long term it's value only travels in one direction, whether official, blue, or CCL.

If you're not sure whether to wait here's what I do:

Check the CCL exchange rate on dólar hoy. If the gap between the buy rate and Western Union rate is greater than 2-3 pesos it's likely WU will up their rate within 24 hours.

Last week when it was $208 I recommended waiting as the CCL was at $219, and about 36 hours later it went to $218.65. On Monday the CCL touched $229 for a bit and WU was at $218.65 still so it was only a matter of time.

Of course this only works if you can wait. You're also gambling short term because good economic news lowers the CCL, but long term it's value only travels in one direction, whether official, blue, or CCL.
226 this morning

CCL has dropped to $222 and Blue to $215, WU still offering $229.80; if you need money for February I'd send it before 15:00 today when WU's rate comes down following the agreement with the IMF.

Dollar blue down $5 they say. After the Government - IMF declaration.

It will be back up next week or the week after. We'll see 230-235 before the end of February

Does anyone know what would happen in the below situation?

1. I make a transfer online (for pick up at a WU office) with the rate at 229.
2. By the time I get to Western Union the rate has dropped to 220.

Do they respect the 229 rate or do I get 220?

Back