Western Union money transfer

Thank you for checking on that. As you probably have been using MG for a while. Do you think it's fine to send around 3000 USD/month? Debit card to bank account.
I've only made relatively small transfers with MG so far, but on their site it says you can send up to 10000/month. But I don't know if you have to do something special first, or if there are bureaucratic limits here in Argentina.

My sister sent me a transfer through XOOM recently that exceeded 100,000ARS. It was held up for two days. Then I received a phone call from MORE MONEY inquiring about the reason for the large amount. It sends a red flag that will be investigated for money laundering and drug trafficking.

My sister sent me a transfer through XOOM recently that exceeded 100,000ARS. It was held up for two days. Then I received a phone call from MORE MONEY inquiring about the reason for the large amount. It sends a red flag that will be investigated for money laundering and drug trafficking.
but exceeding like.. it's a million pesos or 150 .000 pesos?

anyway.. I just send always around 50-75.000 per time.
That way I am sure that they have the money and I won't be flagged.

but exceeding like.. it's a million pesos or 150 .000 pesos?

anyway.. I just send always around 50-75.000 per time.
That way I am sure that they have the money and I won't be flagged.

All these recent comments are weird. I've seen a lot of people comment before they send over $500 USD a month without any hassles and now people are being flagged?

All these recent comments are weird. I've seen a lot of people comment before they send over $500 USD a month without any hassles and now people are being flagged?
Unfortunately you give the answer, while probably you don't recognise it. ( no offense)

The answer is not that the currency is USD, the answer is that they measure it in ARS.
Because the ARS plummeted in value, the chance of getting flagged is increased too.

I'll try to explain it differently...
If you are on an airport and they check you for money, and you carry foreign currency.
They calculate to the value which it is in the country where you are.
so US, they exchange it virtual to dollars. Europe to Euro's and so on..

Unfortunately you give the answer, while probably you don't recognise it. ( no offense)

The answer is not that the currency is USD, the answer is that they measure it in ARS.
Because the ARS plummeted in value, the chance of getting flagged is increased too.

I mean even prior to the increase people have been sending well over 100,000 pesos per transaction via WU for awhile now. Sending $500US back with a $200 WU rate is still 100k peso.

Could be they are starting to more actively check due to the devaluation happening right now

Back