Western Union money transfer

Western Union Wheel of Fortune
Made a transfer this morning to myself - From: US Debit Card To: Pick up Cash Morning rate was 74.8.
With everything now running smooth in my online WU US account it took about 3 minutes to complete the transaction, receive the verifying e-mail with code number and then the verifying detailed receipt page that's needed to print out and take to the local WU pick up shop. Then, before I could close the computer, received the WU message that money was ready for pick-up!
One person ahead of me in the Uriburu WU pick up office. The chica took about 5 to 10 minutes to rustle the papers, make a photocopy of dni, run the money through her counting machine, sign off, and hand over the loot. Out the door to go stuff it all in my peso bank account.
All seems to good to be true, but for once there's no Catch 22, and the usual Argentina 'also mas', foiled!
Hello there - what's the website, please? Will try doing the same. Do you know if there's a maximum amount per transfer? Thanks....

Thanks...

I'm in Buenos Aires. Can I purchase the Money Order via a US bank transfer?

My husband has just tried to send money from his German bank account to his account in Argentina, but it didn't work. I was wondering if you have been successful.
I finally gave up trying to get a transfer deposited to my Argentina bank account. WU website repeatedly had a problem. Further I think the Argentine bank CBU may be problematic for WU. Not sure what the issue is.
Finally I just accepted to pick up the cash in pesos and walk to my bank's ATM deposit machine and feed the pesos into the machine.

Hello there - what's the website, please? Will try doing the same. Do you know if there's a maximum amount per transfer? Thanks....
Do a Google search for Western Union usa. It's key to use the USA site. If you are in Argentina on a mobile you will not be able to download their usa mobile app. Therefore important to use a computer/laptop and get the WU usa website. In my case VPN was not necessary. Standard web here.

My son simply walked in at a WU outlet in San Francisco last night. The exchange rate was AR$74.80. He initiated the transfer for cash pick up in pesos. The cashier scanned his CA driver's license into their system. He paid in cash for the transfer. Texted me the Transfer Control Number (MTCN). Within minutes I checked online via WU USA Track your money transfer and the funds were ready for pick up.

I went this morning to a WU outlet a few blocks from my place in Caballito. Provided the clerk with the MTCN. She scanned my passport into their system, asked for my local address and telephone number, had me sign electronically, counted out the pesos, printed out the receipt and I was on my way in 7 minutes.

We could not WU to our Arg bank account, tried with cbu and account number and nada. I guess cash pick up is the way to go.

Just tried the western union scam and it's down to ~71 pesos to the USD with no bonus for walk-in/pick-up. $9 transfer fee on my $1000 transaction. Still better than what you'd get on the street, but not as great as those eye popping 78/79 pesos/dollar rates of a month ago.

Cash payment in dollars, pick up in pesos. This morning the WU exchange rate was $71.59. I just checked (2:18pm) and the exchange rate is showing at $75.23.

Back