Western Union money transfer

IamWaldo

Registered
When I try to fill out the online form I'm stumped at the phone number 54 (AR) (###) ##-#### and the postal code.
Postal code here is 4 digits. It says my number is incorrect.???.
That's why I've used Xoom for years. Thank God for Xoom.
But it's always good to have a plan "B".
I use a non-arg number..
I used Xoom for a few times, but the exchange rate on WU is so much better that it doesn't make sense to keep using Xoom...

Example:
for 200e on Xoom = 54.100 pesos
for 200e on WU = 57.300 pesos
and I would like to note down that I included the 3,90 transaction fee on WU, without the fee it would be 58.470 pesos

That's a gap of 3.200 pesos which is like 6% difference, in my opinion that's a lot..

cherepaxa

Registered
WU is becoming less and less equalized with the blue dollar... :( MoneyGram's exchange is a joke as well. Anyone's got some info on what's going on with those two?

Aztangogirl

Registered
WU is becoming less and less equalized with the blue dollar... :( MoneyGram's exchange is a joke as well. Anyone's got some info on what's going on with those two?
I just looked at Western Union. 288. I checked Currency exchange online. 288.

jblaze5779

Registered
So wu is 288 and the blue is 292... That's what you call a joke? 4 ars or 1.34 cents. Seems like a good deal for not have to mess with anything...

Cordoba

Registered

It follows the CCL. That has been all over the place historically. Above, equal, or below it. Someone already suggested it earlier, WU yourself when the spread is favorable and buy dollars. Then in times like now you have blue dollars to exchange.