Western Union money transfer

And again, people who can reliably predict movements in currency prices probably should trade forex for living, rather than trying to optimize timing and amounts of the WU transfers.
A quite a few times the CCL had over a 10% spread over the price to buy dollars. It was a Dollars on sale for 90 cents.

Has anyone here looked into a brokerage account to use the real CCL? You could just move it back and forth depending on the spread.

Move 100k in to buy a house. Cash out in pesos Deal falls through move the pesos back. No problem.

But at the same time you made 10k moving those pesos to dollars and another 10k moving the dollars back to pesos before sending them back. Besides the the blue rate exchange itself being illegal is there any problem with that.

A quite a few times the CCL had over a 10% spread over the price to buy dollars. It was a Dollars on sale for 90 cents.

Has anyone here looked into a brokerage account to use the real CCL? You could just move it back and forth depending on the spread.

Move 100k in to buy a house. Cash out in pesos Deal falls through move the pesos back. No problem.

But at the same time you made 10k moving those pesos to dollars and another 10k moving the dollars back to pesos before sending them back. Besides the the blue rate exchange itself being illegal is there any problem with that.
My wife and I did something like that a couple years ago (in the couple months after Macri lost) but with the dollar MEP/bolsa. In a couple months we made about US$1500 after expenses and paying all the taxes, before they closed the loophole, but the bank made it very difficult. We spent hours in the bank and my wife had to fill out dozens of "declaraciones juradas." It was a real pain in the ass, but we did it. (She won't do it again.)

If I were to try to do it again, (CCL or MEP), I'd try to find some professional here who didn't charge too much in commissions and could possibly advise you on how to deal with the banks and government. To do it without too much hassle, you'd probably have to show the source of all the money you're using (opening up all of your finances to the AFIP and government), and despite that, I have to believe that they place some kind of limit on it, because on the surface it seems like with a little patience you could just keep making money over and over. Buy the MEP, sell the CCL, or buy the CCL, sell the MEP, as long as the spread makes it worth it. It could be tricky involving the blue, being illegal, but I wouldn't rule it out.

If you decide to investigate it, I'd love to know what you find out. Argentina seems to have a lot of arbitrage opportunities if in fact you can actually do them. Last year I made a respectable amount of pesos transferring dollars with WU and buying them back in Florida, and pocketing the difference.

Factoring in those transfer fees gives you an effective transfer rate of 266.71. That's quite a large difference from 282

I don't understand why you're saying this. Who are you responding to?
Can also sell USDT (tether crypto) at almost any storefront cueva for 2-4% off blue and some take bitcoin directly, which if you buy with Strike in the US is cheap as chips.

What are the fees like if you want to buy USDT with USD?

Not trying to get into a crypto derail, just want to compare the final cost of that option vs. something like WU or MG.

I got a one time use zero fee code emailed for being a loyal customer. Expires 8/30/2022. Anyone else receive the same. Maybe they are testing those out.

I got a one time use zero fee code emailed for being a loyal customer. Expires 8/30/2022. Anyone else receive the same. Maybe they are testing those out.
I received one today as well. Must use by the end of August.

Back