Western Union money transfer

I just opened a bank account here with my DNI - not you have me worried. Should I be using my passport or DNI when making transfers via western union?
I started using my passport but then was told by a WU agent that it wasn't accepted and I had to use my DNI, but that was for a cash pickup not a bank transfer. I use my DNI now. I imagine it is different depending on whether you are here as a tourist or a permanent resident...

I do bank to bank transfer like gonzalob54 but the fee stays. That 0.00 fee is so nice to see, why i can't i have it?!?! Ii have not received any codes for free fees. It is surely a bummer!
I feel the same. No discount code. No zero fee when I log in. Thanks, Western Union. Hopefully Moneygram stays competitive.

I started using my passport but then was told by a WU agent that it wasn't accepted and I had to use my DNI, but that was for a cash pickup not a bank transfer. I use my DNI now. I imagine it is different depending on whether you are here as a tourist or a permanent resident...
I have been using my passport rather than my DNI for many months. No problems.

Each one of us gets different treatment from WU I think. Some get personalized codes, some don't. In my case after I sign in, the fees dissapear: zero, nada. I've tried and it works fine. Here is a screenshot I just took:
i thought there was a 25% tax for money coming in from outside?
Is this because WU is inside ARG ?

I feel the same. No discount code. No zero fee when I log in. Thanks, Western Union. Hopefully Moneygram stays competitive.
When I wrote up that summary of how to use WU in 2022, I said they treat some customers differently from others, and it seems that has become only more true since I wrote it. Like you, I seem to be in their category of the least-loved. It's pretty weird, but what can you do?

If you have someone else send you up to $1k US dollars, paying in store, the fee is $8 if you receive it in store or your bank account. That's less than 1%. If you only send $200, using that method, the fee is still $8 which is 4%. Consider your options on how to send and receive your transfers to minimize the fees.

Not an option. I don't have anyone who can do this for me.

Back