Western Union money transfer

Checked WU this morning and it looks like they've really lowered the fees for cash pickups - I'm showing a $12.99 debit card fee on $500 and $23.99 fee for $1000. If transferring to a bank account the fees are about double.

Anyone else notice a change in fees?
I saw the same and had a $5 credit resulting in 1:290 usd:ars including fees for $1000.

I thought that was pretty good, but I could not pick up, the line at Montevideo / Cordova went down the block almost to Paraná.

I saw the same and had a $5 credit resulting in 1:290 usd:ars including fees for $1000.

I thought that was pretty good, but I could not pick up, the line at Montevideo / Cordova went down the block almost to Paraná.
I definitely do smaller amounts so that I can (hopefully) pick up closer to me in Caballito/Villa Crespo. I have pretty good luck going in the afternoon if I'm getting less than $500 and have found several WU locations in close proximity I can bounce around to looking for money.

It's still a hassle, but I never enjoyed getting larger amounts from the big locations.

CCL and Blue dropped today : https://dolarhoy.com/ and this drop not yet reflected in WU (which gets updated ~3pm)
related to dolar soja at 200 for september which they expect to bring in USD.
Also CCL/MEP rates for today affected by labour public holiday in US

Yep. Fees are back for me as well. I'm going to pick some cash up before WU rate drops. Will the rate keep dropping thru end of year? Maybe I should pick up some more money.

Yep. Fees are back for me as well. I'm going to pick some cash up before WU rate drops. Will the rate keep dropping thru end of year? Maybe I should pick up some more money.
the WU rate may or may not update, sometimes they trail the CCL by a day or two especially when it rises. just temporary movements if you need to transfer in the next few days. its not clear how much Soja will be sold for the special dolar soja in the month of september. Its all about supply and demand for the USD/ARS rates. this drop now could also spur more demand for dollars and price could move back.

https://www.ambito.com/opiniones/dolar-soja/hot-sale-que-implica-el-campo-n5527085 - one opinion is advising the producers to sell soja today before commodity trading opens tomorrow in chicago, that large volume selling today could cause international prices to drop tomorrow.

CCL and Blue dropped today : https://dolarhoy.com/ and this drop not yet reflected in WU (which gets updated ~3pm)
related to dolar soja at 200 for september which they expect to bring in USD.
Also CCL/MEP rates for today affected by labour public holiday in US

The blue had a bigger drop today, but the CCL barely moved from what I can see.

I went ahead and transfered some last night with the fee. Still better than the MG rate right now at 275. Hopefully it'll pick up soon.

I've been skirting the fee by using Western Union Canada's website.

There's a $1.99 CAD fee for card to bank transfers and I've been using my US card that has no FX fees and let's me use any address.

The difference between the CAD to ARS and USD to ARS is minimal. On $150 USD it was ~33 ARS less.

Hope this helps!

(Used a friend's Canadian address for the billing address)
I tried this, but I guess I don't have a card that lets me use any address. I got this message from WU Canada site:
We’re sorry, but we couldn’t complete your transfer with the payment method you selected. To continue your transfer, please select any of the below options.
Visit a Western Union agent location
Find a location nearby to send money in person.

Back