Western Union money transfer

Do you know if it's possible to send money to Argentina using WU if the sender and the receiver are the same person? I'd put the same name and phone, but different address since I'm not able to put the same one.

Do you know if it's possible to send money to Argentina using WU if the sender and the receiver are the same person? I'd put the same name and phone, but different address since I'm not able to put the same one.
What I have been doing for long time now.

I use the same credentials for pickup and sending, since I am sending to myself. Never had a problem to be honest.

But did you put a US address and phone number or Argentine details?
The Account for sending EU and the account for pickup Argentina.
Just a gentle reminder; the details for EU or Argentina are never verified.
The only thing which gets checked is your passport/ID

But did you put a US address and phone number or Argentine details?
If you are in Argentina but you are a US citizen and your account is in the US, make sure you sign up for WU on the US version of the website and send from that website. When you enter the details for receiver, put your Argentine address. If you're transferring to an Argentine bank account, put the details for that account. It's been a long time since I did a cash pickup, but if you are going to do a pickup, somewhere in that process, you can put your US passport number. Put your passport number and bring your passport with you to pick up the money. The name you enter as the recipient must match EXACTLY the name on the passport.

You might also consider signing up for MoneyGram. The exchange rates are usually similar these days, and the fees are much less if you're doing a bank to bank transfer (or debit card to bank transfer). If you're doing a cash pickup, you need to do the calculations of (fees + rate) between the two, because they can be very different, and WU may be better.

Back