Western Union money transfer

Does anyone know what's going on with the currency right now. Two mornings in a row I went to pick up my transfer. Both the big WU outlets were giving huge stacks of 100 peso notes. I don't want 500$ in 100 peso notes.
This happened to me every time I’ve collected from Western Union in the afternoon, albeit in 200 peso stacks. They’ve asked me in each instance if I’m okay with it if there’s some kind of competitive choice. It certainly is terribly inconvenient but there is also a bit of fun in having to make it rain just to buy a cortado

This happened to me every time I’ve collected from Western Union in the afternoon, albeit in 200 peso stacks. They’ve asked me in each instance if I’m okay with it if there’s some kind of competitive choice. It certainly is terribly inconvenient but there is also a bit of fun in having to make it rain just to buy a cortado
I have been going at 9. When they open. I don't want 500$ in 100 peso notes. As it is right now, 1000 peso note is worth 3$.

Last time I went in person was the the one around the corner from the Casa Central. Wait time was an hour, 2 cashiers open out of 5, but they had $500 peso bills, thankfully not $100s/$200s.

This thread has been very quiet lately. Is everyone using Moneygram or what?

This thread has been very quiet lately. Is everyone using Moneygram or what?
Personally, they paid me out 303.5 today (cash pickup) which if we look at street rate for paper dollars, effectively ALMOST zeros out the fee. I think it puts me at like 273 vs 287 bills sold on street. And I can keep my paper dollars on me for safety. Dollar for dollar moneygram is worse for me right now, considerably. Moneygram netting somewhere around 263ish. So overall, all told, I'm happy with code-free WU.

Back