Western Union money transfer

Please confirm your figures $2700 pesos RT to Colonia OMG. ??? Colonia Express , Buquebus?
To bring $5000 you need a number of US$300 extractions? Unless you go to BRU and extract $1000 each time , If you have a Schwab account you get back the transfer fees.?

Otherwise if you send yourself via WU $5000 for cash withdrawal in Colonia you can request US dollar bills.
I'll update the spreadsheet in the next couple of days. The last time I saved it, the dollar blue was 144, RT to Colonia was 2000, and taxis to/from the dock, 500 total. It's a little out-of-date.

I did the calculations with all withdrawals of US$300, with all Uruguay bank fees and my bank's fees. Unfortunately, I don't have a Schwab bank account.

I might be somewhat confused about the various rates ( who wouldn't :rolleyes: ).
Thing is, I have a friend coming over for christmas and he was going to bring cash with him.
It's better to bring cash or do everything through WU?
You should plan to meet him at the airport, and tell him not to change any money there.

You should plan to meet him at the airport, and tell him not to change any money there.
yeah that's the obvious, but i am not sure if i was reading it correct that the
effectivo rate is lower than the WU rate..
since fee on WU is only $4 for a transaction i was wondering if to advice him to just bring some cash and do the rest through WU.

yeah that's the obvious, but i am not sure if i was reading it correct that the
effectivo rate is lower than the WU rate..
since fee on WU is only $4 for a transaction i was wondering if to advice him to just bring some cash and do the rest through WU.
Ah, sorry. I thought you were sending from WU in the US, where the fees are ridiculous. If you have low WU transfer fees, he probably doesn't need to be carrying around large amounts of cash.

Anyone else having long delays or even getting refunded transactions doing bank to bank via western union? My transactions atill haven’t gone through from Monday -

I don't have any of these difficulties transferring money from the U.S. to Taiwan or Japan. Is it accurate to say that the cause in Argentina is because of behind the scenes efforts by the government to force residents to use its official exchange rate? If so, how is long-term residency viable if you have to take a financial bath everytime you transfer money in for living expenses?

I don't have any of these difficulties transferring money from the U.S. to Taiwan or Japan. Is it accurate to say that the cause in Argentina is because of behind the scenes efforts by the government to force residents to use its official exchange rate? If so, how is long-term residency viable if you have to take a financial bath everytime you transfer money in for living expenses?
I've been using WU regularly for 18 months without substantive issues. For cash pick ups funds are available immediately. Bank to bank generally same day or next day.

Back