Western Union money transfer

I've been using WU regularly for 18 months without substantive issues. For cash pick ups funds are available immediately. Bank to bank generally same day or next day.
Would you say that having no trouble with inbound $ transfers on WU is the norm? If so, that's good news.

Would you say that having no trouble with inbound $ transfers on WU is the norm? If so, that's good news.
No problems for me. The first bank to bank transfer took about a week but after that no issue. I heartily recommend WU. The fees are usually offset by the blue peso rate differential. Some here have zero fees but the WU gods are not quite as generous with me.

I used to transfer cash -> cash, the fee is very low, but it's not very comfortable. Now it looks that WU has zero fee for bank/debit -> bank if using there app.
But I have a doubt if Argentinian bank ( Banco Provincia if that matters ) will impose some burocratic requirements, like filling some form, etc or AFIP will count this as income subject to taxes. Any experience with this? I'm transferring around $2k to my mom and filling forms for her is a nightmare.
Thx

I used to transfer cash -> cash, the fee is very low, but it's not very comfortable. Now it looks that WU has zero fee for bank/debit -> bank if using there app.
But I have a doubt if Argentinian bank ( Banco Provincia if that matters ) will impose some burocratic requirements, like filling some form, etc or AFIP will count this as income subject to taxes. Any experience with this? I'm transferring around $2k to my mom and filling forms for her is a nightmare.
Thx
Many folks here transfer much more than 2k a month without issues. You will be fine.

Thx
Persons receiving money in Argentina must fill out a simple declaración jurada after receiving the first two transfers. You can probably do it for her. It takes one minute.

For the amounts you're talking about, you shouldn't have any other AFIP or bank problems, but this being Argentina, I wouldn't promise it. I send myself money to Banco Nación without problems, and most people here report no problems. From time to time someone reports a problem with their bank, but it's rare.

As far as zero fee, you may find out that after one or two transfers, WU is suddenly charging you a 5% fee for transfers. You can also look into MoneyGram. They have a lower rate lately, but much lower fees, so a higher effective rate.

The WU transfer I made just after 1 AM this morning (to my AR bank acount paying with a debit card) was credited to Santander Rio savings account by 5:55 PM this afternoon (about the same time the deposits usually appear).

The rate was just over $324 USD to one ARS and there was a 5% fee this month (as oposed to 0 fee last month)

Called WU - turns out there was technical issues. My last 4 transfers were all refunded... it would also always take over a day or two to get my money in my bank account here... Shout out to moneygram though - the money was transfered into my account with 2 hours of being sent...! In the evening too.

UPDATE on the WU codes.
1. there are none ( that im aware of )
2. you can call their Support 1800 325 6000 and ask them to issue you a one-time discount promo code.
* they will pretend to understand you and then come back with an offer to help you with using your reward points. Say politely that this is not what you would like to request, and ask politely again for the coupon code. *this has worked 2x for me. ( 50% discount each time )

Back