Western Union money transfer

Hi everyone.
I normally WU to my BBVA using my Wells Fargo debit card, easy peasy.

I couldn't do that the other day because WF is sending me a new card for unrelated reasons.

Saturday I transferred $ using a different WF checking account, that I had stored a couple years ago as a form of payment with WU. It is not tied to that debit card. To be clear, the account is the form of payment, not a debit card.

Usually the funds are immediately withdrawn from WF, but the $ is still in my WF account today.
WU says "in progress".
I called WF just to be sure there wasn't any pending fraud holds or anything else, nope, they don´'t see anything out of the ordinary and yes, I still have the $ in my WF account.

Should I wait this out, or cancel the transaction?
Thanks in advance.
It has been my experience that whenever you use a new source of funds for the first time, they treat it like a new account, with the one-time delay of up to 3 business days.

It's always been like that, as I noted here -
-in paragraph six, where I talk about sources of funds.

Hi everyone.
I normally WU to my BBVA using my Wells Fargo debit card, easy peasy.

I couldn't do that the other day because WF is sending me a new card for unrelated reasons.

Saturday I transferred $ using a different WF checking account, that I had stored a couple years ago as a form of payment with WU. It is not tied to that debit card. To be clear, the account is the form of payment, not a debit card.

Usually the funds are immediately withdrawn from WF, but the $ is still in my WF account today.
WU says "in progress".
I called WF just to be sure there wasn't any pending fraud holds or anything else, nope, they don´'t see anything out of the ordinary and yes, I still have the $ in my WF account.

Should I wait this out, or cancel the transaction?
Thanks in advance.
There are times when it's taken a day or more for the funds to be taken out of my WF account for a WU transfer. I would wait.

It has been my experience that whenever you use a new source of funds for the first time, they treat it like a new account, with the one-time delay of up to 3 business days.

It's always been like that, as I noted here -
-in paragraph six, where I talk about sources of funds.
You're the best. And I would like to say that I am so grateful to just get help/replies, and not snarky, judgy "why do you have an Arg bank?!" like on certain groups on FB.

Many thanks.
Always glad to help.

Also, note that's 3 business days, so I wouldn't start to worry until Thursday.
You're the best. And I would like to say that I am so grateful to just get help/replies, and not snarky, judgy "why do you have an Arg bank?!" like on certain groups on FB.

Heh, you want to talk snarky and judgy, you should hear my opinion of FaceBook :)

also, i have noticed in the past that initiating transactions on weekends can cause issues or delays. i always try to do it during a weekday

Hi everyone, re my post earlier this week about using a new bank account to transfer from Wells Fargo to WU. I had been using my debit card all along but that had to be replaced. So I used a secondary bank account (bank to bank, not debit to bank). I came here because the money did not debit immediately from Wells Fargo and I wasn't sure if something hiccuped. (spelling?!)

You were all correct, just took a few more days probably because of new form of payment and I thank you so so much.

• I did the transaction last Saturday.
  • Wednesday the money deducted from Wells Fargo
  • Thursday the pesos showed up in my BBVA
buen finde!

Hi everyone, re my post earlier this week about using a new bank account to transfer from Wells Fargo to WU. I had been using my debit card all along but that had to be replaced. So I used a secondary bank account (bank to bank, not debit to bank). I came here because the money did not debit immediately from Wells Fargo and I wasn't sure if something hiccuped. (spelling?!)

You were all correct, just took a few more days probably because of new form of payment and I thank you so so much.

• I did the transaction last Saturday.
  • Wednesday the money deducted from Wells Fargo
  • Thursday the pesos showed up in my BBVA
buen finde!
I'm glad that worked out for you

Has anyone been closely following the WU rate and know what it was last Friday? Tonight the rate is 487.40
CCL 496.78

Back