Western Union money transfer

For the record, it was also suggested that I could have exceeded the annual limit of transfer. And in few days with the start of the new year problem solved. (I don't know what is the annual limit)

In the past 24 I got many valuable experiences from this forum. Compared to nothing from WU for a whole month.

I like to try this.

I am not worried about deleting the history because it is now filled with no less than 70 or 80 fake clutter MTCN #. Every time I made a new attempt WU generated a new clutter fake MTCN #.

Every WU supervisor on the phone without batting an eye would tell me they are all valid MTCN #.

How do I delete my account? Is there a way?
Or do you mean just abandon my existing
account and just create a new one?
I think there is an option in their chat help. I did it a while ago.

I think there is an option in their chat help. I did it a while ago.
Help says contact customer service.
Phoned.
Customer service deleted my profile.
Signed up with a new email.
Same problem.

N.B.
When I signed up for the new account it still remembered that I am in Argentina and a lot of my previous information.

I like to try this.

I am not worried about deleting the history because it is now filled with no less than 70 or 80 fake clutter MTCN #. Every time I made a new attempt WU generated a new clutter fake MTCN #.

Every WU supervisor on the phone without batting an eye would tell me they are all valid MTCN #.

How do I delete my account? Is there a way?
Or do you mean just abandon my existing
account and just create a new one?
This morning set up a virgin email....deleted my WU account .....wiped my cookies....opened a new account.....and might as well have been told to go f myself by W.U.

Help says contact customer service.
Phoned.
Customer service deleted my profile.
Signed up with a new email.
Same problem.

N.B.
When I signed up for the new account it still remembered that I am in Argentina and a lot of my previous information.
That's not what happened in my case. It didn't remember anything about me. I'm sorry. Maybe you call them again and tell them that it remembered you, so your profile couldn't have been deleted? I used my same email when I signed up again. I had to re-enter every detail.

That's not what happened in my case. It didn't remember anything about me. I'm sorry. Maybe you call them again and tell them that it remembered you, so your profile couldn't have been deleted? I used my same email when I signed up again. I had to re-enter every detail.
I phoned back. They said my profile has been deleted but I have to wait 12 hs for the system to take effect.

Once you have a problem with W.U. it is like a black hole in space. They did respond to an inquiry via e-mail, and they said they would get back to me in 24 hours.....and then the black hole....as if I do not exist. (they did ask to confirm the e-mail address ??)
I created a completely different email address and did not have an issue.
It does suck once you are in this "Black Hole".
I have never used WU for anything but cash pick-ups. This could be one reason why I have
not had any issues.

So I waited 12 hs for my account deletion to take effect. Then tried creating a new account fresh from scratch with different email. To my dismay all my previous data still exist.

When I phoned back they told me 12 hs is not correct waiting period. I was given several different recommendations ranging from 15 minutes to 48 hs.

Any chance for a work around the WU BLACK HOLE?

For the whole past 5 years I only used the WU desktop website. Never ever used the WU mobile app. If I download the app any chance it will let me start with a new clean slate? What precautions should I adhere to so my new account does not get tainted with this PLAGUE? Should I wait few days till usher of the new year (just in case I exceeded the annual limit)? Is there a specific WU Canadian version of the app?

I TOTALLY GAVE UP ON WU.

Last edited:
Any chance for a work around the WU BLACK HOLE?

For the whole past 5 years I only used the WU desktop website. Never ever used the WU mobile app. If I download the app any chance it will let me start with a new clean slate? What precautions should I adhere to so my new account does not get tainted with this PLAGUE? Should I wait few days till usher of the new year (just in case I exceeded the annual limit)? Is there a specific WU Canadian version of the app?

I TOTALLY GAVE UP ON WU.

ArgeiCanuck,

I have never had any luck with WU customer service. But a couple work arounds that have helped me:

(My apologies if these ideas have already been suggested)

1.Do you have a trusted person back in Canada/US who can help you?

A few years ago, I setup a new WU account with a new email. I then setup a transfer with "pay cash in store", sent $$ to a family member in the US and then had them walk it in to WU and pay in person. The fact that a person has paid it in person has allowed me to use that WU account to send me $$ on my own thereafter with credit/debit cards on all additional transfers. I only had to bother my family member once, but the account continues to work.

2. Have you tried using a VPN or SQRX.com ? If you appear to be in Canada . It may be possible to setup a WU account and do an online transaction. Simply by masking my location, I've gotten around WU problems.

Hope one of these might be a helpful workaround. Cheers.

Back