Western Union money transfer

Thanks, great commision rate, just wanted to figure out why my commision rate is so high..! about 6%. Thought perhaps a lower rate granted when using the app. However the amount I transfer is smaller..!
I was testing various amounts, and I discovered that at $1500, bank to bank, I could get the commission down to 3%. But bank to bank for me was sometimes taking a week to receive the money, and with the debit card I always receive payment the next work day around 6pm, so for $2 more, for me it's worth it to use the debit card.

I did a transfer on Tuesday for 1500 to put into a plazo fijo UVA. I got lucky, at least for now. The transfer rate has been going down ever since.

WU rate unchanged since Friday (although another Federal holiday in U.S. yesterday so all financial activity at a standstill). I'll check the rate after about 17:00 today to see if it changed.

CCL up again, $1,207.

Milei Magic more of a Milei Malaise it seems; brecha increases to 44.07%

WU may update later today with a delay due to the holiday yesterday

Reminds me of what I used to say to Ks when talking about how the minimum wage here is less than $150 bucks: you know someone selling dollars for 200 pesos? I will buy everything they have.

Want to know the funny thing? It wasn't a decade ago that 1 dollar was $113.49, it was April 2020. A thousand peso increase in under 4 years; inflation flies when you're having fun 😅

Hitting that cheap wine you like a little early today?
Actually even a 5,000 peso bottle of wine translates to US $5. So drinking a bottle of $5 wine in the US is indeed cheap. However it's never too early to drink the fruit of the vine! Nampe here is around 1350 a bottle; hence $1.35 US. That is indeed cheap.

1134.90 WU as of 18:30 17/1/2024.
Blue peso way up to around 1225
Maybe WU will update their price today, but it's almost 7pm.

As you Brits on here (and everywhere else) say, Western Union is taking the piss.

I got 1200 this afternoon at the cueva I usually use.

Back