Western Union money transfer

Interesting, has dollar blue gone up?

few days ago, it was 20 pesos behind!

There are anomalies in the market because of the business restrictions..... because of the quarantine.

I just came back from WU grande.....for those entering with a passport the last number of the passport determines what day you can go in. There was practically nobody there, but they would not let me in. And no accommodation for seniors.
Thanks for update. Can you advise what is the last number / day schedule

The big WU at Montevideo and Cordoba is open, and with big lines. They have posted the DNI digits corresponding to available hours below, but without hours on Saturday or Sunday.
What are their hours of service M-F?

I initiated a transfer yesterday of $300US at 102.60.

My DNI and passport # both end in the same digit. A pity.

Walked by the big WU again today and again forgot about the hours of operation. What I did notice was how slow the huge line was. Do we know of a faster WU office in Recoleta? I seem to remember some posts about a place on Uriburu, assuming that it is open.

Hi all. Am going crazy trying to make a WU transfer to my bank account here for the first time (usually I go for cold hard cash.)
First I tried with my Santander CBU - always an error message about the account number. The CUIL was fine.
Then I tried with my Itaú CBU - now the account is fine but there an error with my ID number (CUIL!)
Tried deleting recipient profile and starting again... just endless vueltas.
Anyone encountered these issues before? How did you overcome them?
Fill the WU Argentina Form to
Hi all. Am going crazy trying to make a WU transfer to my bank account here for the first time (usually I go for cold hard cash.)
First I tried with my Santander CBU - always an error message about the account number. The CUIL was fine.
Then I tried with my Itaú CBU - now the account is fine but there an error with my ID number (CUIL!)
Tried deleting recipient profile and starting again... just endless vueltas.
Anyone encountered these issues before? How did you overcome them?
Fill the WU Argentina Form to activate your CUIL: https://www.e-pagofacil.com/APN/declaracion.php

Hi All, first off - thanks to you all for all the really useful information you are all sharing right now.

I understand from previous posts that for cash pick ups (if i've got this right):
-limit is $60,000ARS
-pick up is from Correo Arg
-DNI/Passport No. of last digit denotes day you can pick up. I have '6' so for me it would be Thursday.

1. Do the pick up locations now include other places now as well, since Rapi and other payment places are back open?
2. Is the limit per day at each venue or per person/day? I need $400USD/£305 (by 28th April as I'm moving to a new apartment) so I was thinking of either doing 2 transfers of $25,700 each incase 1 venue doesn't have enough cash and walk to another venue for the 2nd pickup. Or should I lower the total amount to $60,000ARS in total either in 1 or 2 transfers?

I'm based in Las Cañitas so it looks like my nearest Correo Arg is in Collegiales (25min walk) and I'm on a very expired tourist visa (since July 2019 as I was intending to pay the fine at the airport rather than keep 'renewing' via a Colonia daytrip). So, I am a little worried tbh about being stopped by the police as it's a bit far from where I'm based. Also my status is 'irregular' and open to different responses especially right now. So if i could go to a closer Rapi/WU outlet etc it would be less risky and much better for me.

Thanks for any help and suggestions you can offer!

Hi All, first off - thanks to you all for all the really useful information you are all sharing right now.

I understand from previous posts that for cash pick ups (if i've got this right):
-limit is $60,000ARS
-pick up is from Correo Arg
-DNI/Passport No. of last digit denotes day you can pick up. I have '6' so for me it would be Thursday.

1. Do the pick up locations now include other places now as well, since Rapi and other payment places are back open?
2. Is the limit per day at each venue or per person/day? I need $400USD/£305 (by 28th April as I'm moving to a new apartment) so I was thinking of either doing 2 transfers of $25,700 each incase 1 venue doesn't have enough cash and walk to another venue for the 2nd pickup. Or should I lower the total amount to $60,000ARS in total either in 1 or 2 transfers?

I'm based in Las Cañitas so it looks like my nearest Correo Arg is in Collegiales (25min walk) and I'm on a very expired tourist visa (since July 2019 as I was intending to pay the fine at the airport rather than keep 'renewing' via a Colonia daytrip). So, I am a little worried tbh about being stopped by the police as it's a bit far from where I'm based. Also my status is 'irregular' and open to different responses especially right now. So if i could go to a closer Rapi/WU outlet etc it would be less risky and much better for me.

Thanks for any help and suggestions you can offer!
no...pickup at Correo is not dependent on number....it any day.

Back