Western Union money transfer

Question? Any information on the max limit for a bank transfer (WU) from the US to ARG - per transaction or per month? I typically use Xoom and I have been able to send the max of $2,490 USD (this max is based on my bank card) in the past, typically monthly. However, Xoom is not working now. Thanks in advance.

WU is 3,000 USD per transaction from the US.

I found these rates posted.
Blue dollar - 108.00
Banco Nacion - 63.25
Transferwise - 66.46 - the one I've used for a year
XOOM - 97.9886 (requires USA residence address as does Western Union)

When posting blue dollar, its important to post whether it is "compra" or "venta". Normally one can get a middle rate if doing the exchange with trusted personal friends.

I've sent close to 3000usd a month for the past three months from the US to Arg without issue.

western union rates are no mystery, they are aligned with Contado con Liqui also known as Dolar Cable rate minus their commissions. western union seem to update their rates around 4pm daily which is when the contado de inmediato y caución session finishes, bonds such as AO20C, AY24C, DICYC are used in the transactions. The different dollar exchange rates are updated frequently http://dolarhoy.bullmarketbrokers.com/ or http://dolarhoy.com/

Anyone know if you can take out different amounts at multiple WU offices under the same transaction? So you if you send 50000. You can take out 20000 at one place 30000 at the other.

Anyone know if you can take out different amounts at multiple WU offices under the same transaction? So you if you send 50000. You can take out 20000 at one place 30000 at the other.
I assume the answer to your question is NO. I asked a somewhat similar question. Can one collect a portion of the amount of the transfer one day and return for the balance on another day? That answer was NO.

I assume the answer to your question is NO. I asked a somewhat similar question. Can one collect a portion of the amount of the transfer one day and return for the balance on another day? That answer was NO.
Thank you for your response. I think you're right. So we're basically limited to smaller transfers unless we do a bank transfer.

Back