Western Union money transfer

Just one man's opinion.....if WU is paying 75, or whatever number, somewhere in the world there is a BETTER price. It is inconceivable that WU is giving the highest number of pesos per dollar. One man's opinion.

I just downloaded the WU app and if I send 25.000 pesos within Argentina to be picked up in dollars, the net amount (which includes a $500 peso promo) would be $327,20 USD which equals a rate of $77,93 ARS to ONE USD!

PS: The WU Argentine app won't let me send USD from my US bank account to my Argentine bank account and the WU USA app is "not compatible" with any of my devices.

Would a VPN solve that problem?

Steve sounds great you are buying dollars at $78 pesos per one dollar..! You can buy dollars cheaper here..!

would you kindly enlighten the rest of us as to the exact location of the WU that bought your dollars at that rate? So that we can all go out for dinner tonight...
I sent $US to myself and picked up $ARS at Cordoba/Montvedio central location.
In minutes WU confirmed my cash is available for pick up.

Last edited:
WU bought your dollars and converted to pesos at the rate of $78 pesos per Dollar...!!! Hallelujah . There will be a rush to WU offices...!!!

WU bought your dollars and converted to pesos at the rate of $78 pesos per Dollar...!!! Hallelujah . There will be a rush to WU offices...!!!
but if you go in with an actual US cash they pay 63? makes 0 sense. gotta be a glitch somewhere in their app

I sent $US to myself and picked up $ARS at Cordoba/Montvedio central location.
In minutes WU confirmed my cash is available for pick up.

Did you send the $US directly to Western Union from the USA or were your dollars already in an Argentine bank account?

Steve sounds great you are buying dollars at $78 pesos per one dollar..!

No, I couldn't use the US app to see the rate if I transferred $US from the US to Argentina so I used those figures in the Argentine app to try to determine the rate.

Back