Western Union money transfer

Steve that is exactly what I did with my daughter after wu started the two rates

Excellent wrinkle to this story of using WU! Thank you for adding it. I'm researching a friend to make the payment for me, and use PayPal to send him the money.
Well, when it sounds too good to be true it usually is. Just now at WU, setting up a transfer sent from debit card, receiving in cash and in an instant the peso rate changed from 68+ to 63+ and the WU interface seemed to be on the blink. Must be the volatility of today's usd/peso. Yesterday a good day, today not so much.

pay in store is 74.43 I often have trouble with wu link. It all adds to the excitement of living in Argentina lol . I am planning on coming back next august so I am keeping a close watch on how the exchange rate goes. . Can anyone tell me how much a kilo of supremas cost now , its my inflation index ha ha

Just picked up pesos at a barrio Western Union sent yesterday @78.70 pay in-store, cash at location option. Their website was still showing that rate this morning, but now it's showing 74.43. All I needed was my ID and the tracking number. Thanks to oldgringo and other members that have introduced this valuable information.

Well, when it sounds too good to be true it usually is. Just now at WU, setting up a transfer sent from debit card, receiving in cash and in an instant the peso rate changed from 68+ to 63+ and the WU interface seemed to be on the blink. Must be the volatility of today's usd/peso. Yesterday a good day, today not so much.
To get the best rate with Western Union, you have to take cash into a local office and send the money to a local office. If debit cards, bank accounts on either side are involved the rate for exchange goes down. FYI

Just picked up pesos at a barrio Western Union sent yesterday @78.70 pay in-store, cash at location option. Their website was still showing that rate this morning, but now it's showing 74.43. All I needed was my ID and the tracking number. Thanks to oldgringo and other members that have introduced this valuable information.

" Pay in WU store cash at location " Means pay in US dollars at USA WU? location? Picked up pesos at Barrio? (in Bs.As?). Please be more specific. Thanks

Yes send cash in person from USA, pickup cash in person at a Western Union location in Buenos Aires. The one I go to has a seperate line for people that want to buy and sells dollars. You can sell as much as you like, but can only buy $100 per month. I image any Western Union/Rapi Pago or Western Union/Pago Facil store where the employees wear Western Union uniforms. The rate went up yesterday a bit and today it's at 76.22.https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/send-money/app/price-estimator

Last edited:
Back