Western Union money transfer

Yes, promo coupon 50% of the fee. The fee was U$50 for pick up cash/fund with debit card. Deposit in bank account/fund with debit card was U$10.
Lamentably, 2 days running I've not been able to process a transfer under any 'pay online' scenario. Their technical side was 'very sorry to hear....' but utterly useless in coming up with a reason for the fails or technical error messages that would identify what was actually causing them. In addition it seems suspicious that their page offers the 74+ peso exchange rate for any type of transfer, when a few days ago only the 'pay in store' option was offering that high rate and the lower rate around 64 pesos was on offer for 'pay on line' options.
Congratulations to steveinbs for having a sister in Illinois. That may be the only working option. I calculated on 1000 US that's a U$237 windfall over current standard exchange rate!!

For artisans....I opened my WU account from out of the country....but....that was after I started using a VPN. Before I got nowhere on the WU website. So...you might clear your cache and all WU cookies on your computer and then using a VPN try again. That is what I did and it worked. And...I am not sure that this addresses your problem...but worth a try.

For artisans....I opened my WU account from out of the country....but....that was after I started using a VPN. Before I got nowhere on the WU website. So...you might clear your cache and all WU cookies on your computer and then using a VPN try again. That is what I did and it worked. And...I am not sure that this addresses your problem...but worth a try.
Excellent suggestion, thanks. Yesterday I cleared cache, etcetera and also changed to Google Chrome browser. No cigar. Will light up the VPN and try again.

I used a vpn to US and then opened their US page to set up a successful transfer.
Could not complete the transaction via a local connection, always hung on the last page

Is the transfer from a bank to a bank or are the funds only avialble for pick up at a Western Union Agency?

What rate did you get?

I did the transfer 2 weeks ago, got 77.8
It was cash in person in US to cash in person Argentina, as guest, no WU or bank accounts

Interesting that WU had the sender fill out a bunch of IRS forms

Interesting that WU had the sender fill out a bunch of IRS forms ???????????? Do you remember what forms? And was this paperwork a one time deal? Thanks

I used a vpn to US and then opened their US page to set up a successful transfer.
Could not complete the transaction via a local connection, always hung on the last page

I wonder if you were connected to wu.com.ar when you got hung on the last page.

I've been able to set up the transfers of cash from the US to me in AR using the westernunion.com address without using a VPN, but I do use the AVG "secure" browser (the free version).

I did the transfer 2 weeks ago, got 77.8
It was cash in person in US to cash in person Argentina, as guest, no WU or bank accounts

Interesting that WU had the sender fill out a bunch of IRS forms

Was the amount over $10K USD?

My sister-in-law hasn't been asked to fill out any forms when sending the cash from Illinois, but the amounts have been less than 1K USD.

Back