Western Union money transfer

WU Rate 20/03/20 11:15 ARG
1.00 USD = 89.0700 Argentine Peso (ARS)
Yep, well, good luck getting your hands on it in cash any time soon. Made survey of PagoFacil / Western Union offices this morning. Padlocks on the doors. Correo Argentina with Western Union, locally - Recoleta, opened hours late today. Did not go back to check in person if Western Union is operating or not.

I guess there's no chance that bank to bank transfers via WU will go through until the quarentine is lifted.

I guess there's no chance that bank to bank transfers via WU will go through until the quarentine is lifted.
I've been contemplating making a small amount test of a bank to bank transfer. Supposedly the internal operations of the banks are functioning.
If they are then they might pass the transfer, in pesos, directly to your account and you could then extract by ATM. A lot of maybes in that one.

I've been contemplating making a small amount test of a bank to bank transfer. Supposedly the internal operations of the banks are functioning.
If they are then they might pass the transfer, in pesos, directly to your account and you could then extract by ATM. A lot of maybes in that one.
i sent a couple grand a few days ago. I'll keep yall filled in over the next week
I'm going to try to send some now as well. I guess the worse that happens is that the money is not processed here and is returned to my bank in US, even though I realize that return might take a while. The exchange rate is too good to pass up, even though it will most likely just keep going up. Thanks, guys.

I'm going to try to send some now as well. I guess the worse that happens is that the money is not processed here and is returned to my bank in US, even though I realize that return might take a while. The exchange rate is too good to pass up, even though it will most likely just keep going up. Thanks, guys.
Western Union "Wheel of Fortune"

Had a panic attack yesterday and stocked up on essentials: food for me and the dog, gas for the car, and enough pesos for a month - hopefully.

Yep, well, good luck getting your hands on it in cash any time soon. Made survey of PagoFacil / Western Union offices this morning. Padlocks on the doors. Correo Argentina with Western Union, locally - Recoleta, opened hours late today. Did not go back to check in person if Western Union is operating or not.
I saw this coming. That's why I got three months of living expenses of cash in advance because I knew a shut down was coming. And since there is no where to spend money, it should last me even longer.

#1 I would be very cautious about K2times looking to exchange pesos for dollars.

#2 I chatted with a Western Union rep online about making bank to bank transfers now, when banks here are closed. They, WU, are not recommending making transfers until the banks here re-open.
I also asked about when the local Western Union offices here might re-open here. The WU rep said they are not kept informed on this. Have no idea of local conditions.

Back