Western Union money transfer

Further to the subject of making bank transfers now. Here is the reply my HSBC bank officer sent when I asked if the bank would be able to manage a transfer:
To be able to receive money in foreign currencies from abroad, as you know, it is necessary to present a transfer order which is completed online and entered with an original signature and a copy of ID at the branches (or sent to our headquarters). As at the moment there is no attention in the branches because they are closed to the public, and many central areas are affected by what is happening today, the money could not be made, because there would be no way to generate the transfer Order together with foreign trade, so you will have to wait for the measure to end before you can continue with it. Remember also that 23, 24, 30 and 31 are considered holidays, and that until now it is considered to resume activities after the last reported date.

Argentina. The land where the pump don't work cause the vandals stole the handle (Bob Dylan)

I made a transfer earlier today via WU. We'll see if and when it comes through. I'll keep you posted. Until then I'll go back to my peras al vino and forget about it all.

Hi! I want to confirm with members, who already completed bank-to-bank transfer succesfully, if WU takes into account the deliver date informed in mail sent to sender. I made a b2b tranfer one week ago and Deliver Date on my mail is "March 20", but money isnt on my account yet. Thanks.

Banks may not reopen to May 2020 meaning that to transfer money now is very risky . I am not in favor of such stringent controls of people and banks should be allowed to open a few days a week with a skeleton staff as to handle these inquiries . Peoples financial affairs are as important as their medical , and hardware affairs and they have been left open . Why are banks all shut and what guarantee do people have that they will reopen if the world economy collapses with the coronavirus. Not a far out idea to consider when you see how we are living now and elsewhere

If you tried to sell Argentine pesos, or most other pesos in the U.S. they would be valued as TP...meaning not much at all. I got stuck with a small amount of Chilean pesos....and had to eat them. And you don't have enough to change anybody's life here.....looks like Calle Florida
Banks may not reopen to May 2020 meaning that to transfer money now is very risky . I am not in favor of such stringent controls of people and banks should be allowed to open a few days a week with a skeleton staff as to handle these inquiries . Peoples financial affairs are as important as their medical , and hardware affairs and they have been left open . Why are banks all shut and what guarantee do people have that they will reopen if the world economy collapses with the coronavirus. Not a far out idea to consider when you see how we are living now and elsewhere
Banks may not reopen to May 2020.....where is this information from????

If you tried to sell Argentine pesos, or most other pesos in the U.S. they would be valued as TP...meaning not much at all. I got stuck with a small amount of Chilean pesos....and had to eat them. And you don't have enough to change anybody's life here.....looks like Calle Florida

Banks may not reopen to May 2020.....where is this information from????

Mr Cool do you honestly believe that the quarantine will be lifted on April the 1st ? By then the cases will be close to 700 or more and Alberto Fernandez said that if the cases are not diminished to zero he will extend the quarantine . Could be till the end of winter before this finishes but maybe they will have a few breaks in between to give the people some fresh air .

Back