Western Union money transfer

I went to the one in Caballito. On any given day, that office can only handle paying out SMALL WU transfers. It depends on the amount of pesos they collect daily from regular postal activities. How much can that be for a neighborhood branch?

I suggest you inquire at the Correo Argentino branch near your location:
SUCURSAL: ABASTO
AVENIDA CORRIENTES N° 3702
and I will...thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the website mentioned in the article:
The rate of exchange and the fees are the same as the USA website we use:

anyone in Palermo o have luck at any of the WU being open for peso pick up. Also is that a valid reason to be out and walking as all the ones mentioned that may be open are a 20-33 minute walk for me (which I don't mind, just don't want to end up in jail). Last what do you think is the maximum USD that you can transfer for pick up.

PS- I don't have a bank account here

anyone in Palermo o have luck at any of the WU being open for peso pick up. Also is that a valid reason to be out and walking as all the ones mentioned that may be open are a 20-33 minute walk for me (which I don't mind, just don't want to end up in jail). Last what do you think is the maximum USD that you can transfer for pick up.

PS- I don't have a bank account here
I just went to the official western union web page. As of right now there are no western union offices open in Buenos Aires for cash pick up.

Please let know if any WU to bank goes through.
I initiated a transfer on Tuesday and I just checked my Santander Rio account.

The funds have not yet been credited. The last transfer I made (before the quarantine) was deposited in the late afternoon of the second day.

Will update as soon as the funds have been credited...

I just went to the official western union web page. As of right now there are no western union offices open in Buenos Aires for cash pick up.
Yes, Correo Argentino is a WU official outlet in CABA and they are open for regular business.

anyone in Palermo o have luck at any of the WU being open for peso pick up. Also is that a valid reason to be out and walking as all the ones mentioned that may be open are a 20-33 minute walk for me (which I don't mind, just don't want to end up in jail). Last what do you think is the maximum USD that you can transfer for pick up. PS- I don't have a bank account here
Going shopping for groceries is a valid reason. I was out yesterday walking at least 30 minutes (20 blocks) around my neighborhood. The police stationed at every corner did not stop me to ask re: my purpose and/or destination. I was carrying a shopping bag! I plan to go out tomorrow as well. And the day after until, if and when, the gov't regulations become more restrictive. Just keep a 2-meter distance from other persons who are out and about.

Currently Correo Argentino is the only WU outlet open. The deal is that in any given day, their offices can only pay out SMALL WU transfers. It depends on the amount of pesos they collect daily from regular postal activities. How much can that be for a neighborhood branch?
You can inquire at:
SUCURSAL: PALERMO
AVENIDA DIAZ CORONEL N° 2190
Hours: Mon-Fri 11:00-7:00pm, the first 2 hours are for exclusive use by seniors.
Best of luck!

Back