Western Union money transfer

How many Western Union transfers in total have you made?

Have you completed the online registration form (as the reciever) with Rapipago?

Not having done so could be the cause the $200 transfer was denied, and you cannot send or receive at this point, as it must be completed (without any errors as I learned from experience) before the third transfer can be completed.

If so, any transfer your brother makes will probably also be "denied"

I don´t think the compliance problem would be based on the fact that you are sending money to yourself. I haven´t had any problem doing so since I corrected an error I made when entering my adddress in the online registration form with Rapipago (after the first transfeer made by my sister-in-law last November). That caused a delay of about five days for my third transfer (the first from myslef to myself) to be completed.

Since then, my transfers (all from my US bank accont using my debit card to my Argentine savings account) have been completed in less than three days, including the two I made this month, each for $480.

I think that is highly unlikely.
Steve, I did my first bank to bank transfer via Western Union last Friday, that is I transferred money from my bank account in the US to my bank account here. A few months back my mother had sent me money from a WU branch in the States that I picked up here at a WU branch, but, as I said, this was my first bank to bank transfer. A couple of days ago I got the pagofacil declaration form and completed it. On that form I put my nationality as US, whereas I had put it as Argentine when I made the transfer because I remembered folks here saying that only "Argentine" would work on the transfer form. Based on your experience, am I going to have a problem? Your mentioned correcting an error on that declaration form. How did you correct that error, by just filling out the form again and resubmitting it? Thanks for any help you can give me.

A couple of days ago I got the pagofacil declaration form and completed it. On that form I put my nationality as US, whereas I had put it as Argentine when I made the transfer because I remembered folks here saying that only "Argentine" would work on the transfer form. Based on your experience, am I going to have a problem?

As I entered my nationality as "United States" when I registered with Western Union and also when completing the declaration, I can´t answer this question.

You mentioned correcting an error on that declaration form. How did you correct that error, by just filling out the form again and resubmitting it? Thanks for any help you can give me.

A couple days after initiating my third transfer (the first from myself to myself, bank to bank, which should have been completed in minutes as I paid with my debit card) I was informed of the error in an email I received from Rapipago. I had not correctly entered my street address and the name of the city in which I live. I entered the street name and the number on two different spaces instead of one. The second space should have been the name of the city.

Yes, I simply filled out the form correctly and resubmitted it. If I remember correctly, the funds were deposited to my Argentine bank account two days later.

A couple of days ago I got the pagofacil declaration form and completed it. On that form I put my nationality as US, whereas I had put it as Argentine when I made the transfer because I remembered folks here saying that only "Argentine" would work on the transfer form.

I do remember seeing a recent post in which someone indicated it was very "important" to declare your nationality as Argentine when making Westen Union transfers (apparently, even if it isn´t true).

In my opinion, a foreigner declaring their nationality as Argentine on a formal (legal) declaration that would be kept on file (if not provided to AFIP) in Argentina sounds like a really bad idea. It seems more like a perfect example of what one Argentine lawyer who posts often in this forum would label a "fraud."

If he reads this, perhaps he can tell us there´s nothing to worry about...or, if there is, how big a fine or how long the jail term could be for those convicted of whatever crime has been comitted by making a false declaration...and/or how to correct it to avoid prosecution (just in case there´s really something to worry about).

I transferred to a friend in Argentina with a Savings Account at Banco Nation who is from another country in Latin America.

I put her correct nationality (not Argentine).

The transfer went through in a day or two no problems.

Hello everyone. I am trying to pick up a Western Union transfer I sent on the 20th to myself and it's been very hard. The post office gave me the run-around telling me the international service was off...then they checked and said it was ok, but they didn't have enough money. It's 17000 pesos only!
The next post office said I had to have a DNI, even though the correo argentino says on their website I can use a passport.

My first question is do I need a DNI? My second is where can I pick up my WU transfer? I'm out of money.

Success! I just looked at my Banco Provincia account online and the money I had transferred from my bank account in the US last Friday has been credited. It took exactly one week and today was the day the money was suppose to be there, even though it was not there earlier in the day. I got a rate of 89.07.

Apparently the fact that I had put my nationality as Argentine on the WU transfer request was not a problem. After I posed my question to Steve, I went back through old posts in this thread and it was Nikad (transferring for her American husband) and another poster who said they had to put Argentine as nationality because the bank account was Argentine. I know Steve did not have to do this, indicating his nationality was US, but maybe that's because he was using his US bank debit card and mine was a straight bank to bank transfer. Next time I will try putting in US and see what happens. I had put my correct nationality on the pagofacil declaración jurada form.

Hello everyone. I am trying to pick up a Western Union transfer I sent on the 20th to myself and it's been very hard. The post office gave me the run-around telling me the international service was off...then they checked and said it was ok, but they didn't have enough money. It's 17000 pesos only!
The next post office said I had to have a DNI, even though the correo argentino says on their website I can use a passport.

My first question is do I need a DNI? My second is where can I pick up my WU transfer? I'm out of money.
When you pick up money at a WU branch, you can use your passport. I bet it's the same for Correo Argentino, especially if that's what it says on their website. That clerk didn't know what he/she was talking about.

[/https://www.correoargentino.com.ar/formularios/sucursales

Find out which Correo Argentinos are open tomorrow and try the closes ones to your home starting at 9 am.

Last edited:
.....but they didn't have enough money. It's 17000 pesos only!
A forum member reported that the maximum per transfer for pick up cash at any of their branches is AR$25,000. The deal is that in any given day, their offices can only pay out in pesos as much as they collect daily from regular postal activities.

If your foreign passport states that you were born in Argentina, technically the answer is YES, as well as having a CUIL/CUIT, or CDI number which is one of the questions in the form you will be asked to complete and sign. The form is a Declaracion Jurada.

Andrew,
This morning I went to Correo Argentino in my neighborhood.
1. filled out the long form in triplicate (bring a black ballpoint pen).
2. if you are unsure how to answer a question, leave the space blank and ask the clerk.
3. clerk took a copy of the main page of my passport and counted out the AR$500 + $100 bills.
4. I asked for a blank copy of the form to use next time.

Last edited:
Back