Western Union money transfer

I did a transfer about three weeks ago, and it worked perfectly. However, a few days later I got an email from WU asking me to fill out a form disclosing a lot of personal data. I completed it and emailed back per their instructions. A few days later I got the same form again, asking me to complete it or no more transfers would be allowed. I completed again, and emailed it back per instructions. Since then, I have received the same request perhaps another five times, and I ignored them. I don't know what will happen if I try a new transfer, but I was uneasy having to complete the same form so many times.

I did a transfer about three weeks ago, and it worked perfectly. However, a few days later I got an email from WU asking me to fill out a form disclosing a lot of personal data. I completed it and emailed back per their instructions. A few days later I got the same form again, asking me to complete it or no more transfers would be allowed. I completed again, and emailed it back per instructions. Since then, I have received the same request perhaps another five times, and I ignored them. I don't know what will happen if I try a new transfer, but I was uneasy having to complete the same form so many times.

Yes! Same thing happening to me. Argentine IT departments I guess...

But did you get your money or it got locked?

At 5:00pm...
WU exchange rate....1.00 USD = 124.2500 Argentine Peso (ARS)

I'm having the same problem with the first 2 transfers going through followed by the 3rd being rejected. Dispite WU saying it's the bank that's rejecting the money, the fact that several of us are having the same problem leads me to believe it's WU? Has anyone successfully completed a bank transfer recently?

I'm having the same problem with the first 2 transfers going through followed by the 3rd being rejected. Dispite WU saying it's the bank that's rejecting the money, the fact that several of us are having the same problem leads me to believe it's WU? Has anyone successfully completed a bank transfer recently?
I did my first ever WU transfer yesterday, got an email from them to call within 12 hours to an 800 number in the US to verify it was me. They approved the transaction while on the phone and the money showed up in my Macro acct. a few minutes ago. Got lucky I guess..

I'm having the same problem with the first 2 transfers going through followed by the 3rd being rejected.
Same here! WTF? The third one got sent back. No info on why it happened. Had filled out their form with the declaration like 12 times. Can't they do anything right here in Argentina?

If you had used WU and filled the declaration form before the lockdown in mid-March everything should be okay. I have not had any issues I filled the registration form back in January and have sent myself money half a dozen of times without any issue. It seems that they are not processing the declarations during the quarantine or they have a massive backlog.

If you had used WU and filled the declaration form before the lockdown in mid-March everything should be okay. I have not had any issues I filled the registration form back in January and have sent myself money half a dozen of times without any issue. It seems that they are not processing the declarations during the quarantine or they have a massive backlog.
That's great. They don't process the declaration and just sent the money back. I guess I will have to go back to the Bitcoin way of sending me money.

Back