Western Union money transfer

That's great. They don't process the declaration and just sent the money back. I guess I will have to go back to the Bitcoin way of sending me money.
How do you do the bitcoin way? Do AFIP or the same bank in Argentina ask you where is that money coming from and for what reason?

That's what happened to me, 2 successful transfers, then form, then unsuccessful transfers from then on...
Anyone else having this issue?
I had approval and the number they send in order to process your dollars into pesos, but when I
got to the WU store they said the approval had been canceled. Now I am getting ready to re-apply
and then if needed to talk to someone in person (I hope). This seems a remarkably hassle-ridden
process, but then the pay off is nearly double the amount of pesos than you get from the bank.
Any advice appreciated! Thanks for all the helpful comments. PS: They said the bank here had
not approved the transfer from WU, whatever that means. I thought WU dealt with banks all the
time here and everywhere else they do business. Now I guess I will have to do the application
form over again. And again.

Last edited:
How do you do the bitcoin way? Do AFIP or the same bank in Argentina ask you where is that money coming from and for what reason?
You buy your Bitcoin (or other crypto currency) in the US (e.g. at Coinbase Pro, Gemini) and then send it to one of the exchanges here (e.g. Ripio, Satoshi Tango, ArgenBTC). There you sell the crypto currency for pesos and let them deposit the money into your Argentinian bank account. For your bank it looks like someone from inside Argentina deposited money into your account. So, no questions asked. However you have to register one time with both the exchange in the US and in Argentina (send scan of ID, declare where money comes from ... the usual).

W.U Armenia y Guatemala In/out in 5 minutes ....no lineups show I'd ending in 8/9... (DNI or passport)

I had approval and the number they send in order to process your dollars into pesos, but when I
got to the WU store they said the approval had been canceled. Now I am getting ready to re-apply
and then if needed to talk to someone in person (I hope). This seems a remarkably hassle-ridden
process, but then the pay off is nearly double the amount of pesos than you get from the bank.
Any advice appreciated! Thanks for all the helpful comments. PS: They said the bank here had
not approved the transfer from WU, whatever that means. I thought WU dealt with banks all the
time here and everywhere else they do business. Now I guess I will have to do the application
form over again. And again.
Addition later May 15: I may be wrong, but it looks like the whole WU system has been interrupted and
not taking any queries about the transaction I was trying to accomplish. Does anyone else know about
any interruptions or inability to process send/receive orders?

You buy your Bitcoin (or other crypto currency) in the US (e.g. at Coinbase Pro, Gemini) and then send it to one of the exchanges here (e.g. Ripio, Satoshi Tango, ArgenBTC). There you sell the crypto currency for pesos and let them deposit the money into your Argentinian bank account. For your bank it looks like someone from inside Argentina deposited money into your account. So, no questions asked. However you have to register one time with both the exchange in the US and in Argentina (send scan of ID, declare where money comes from ... the usual).

how are the sell rates here, equal to dollar blue or even better?

Back