Western Union money transfer

About the the max amount you can withdraw: My friend asked at their main outlet ( Cordoba 885) and although she isn't quite sure about the amount in dollars (she didn't quite catch it), she's pretty sure the cashier said it would be 800-900k in peso.

Thanks! I've never actually been to the main office (never knew of its existence until i came to this thread) so my max transfer amount has been like 1k USD, i might try to transfer 3-4k as it seems like the rate has stabilised somewhat...

Update - I collected a WU transfer today at Armenia/ Guatemala in Palermo.

It was $100k. This time they didn’t have the cash available BUT they offered to give half cash and the other half Mercadopago credit - I accepted, it worked perfectly with the accreditation of my Mercadopago account was instant.

Since the bank transfer stopped working for many, this is a great alternative. I can either spend the balance on my Mercadopago account at various merchants who accept this (payment via QR code) or use it to pay for Mercadolibre purchases online. Alternatively I can transfer the balance from my Mercadopago account to my bank account pretty much instantly and then withdraw it from an ATM etc.

It is a great work around for the occasional “out of cash” excuses we have almost all encountered.

In case anyone is looking for a location for a cash pickup in Belgrano/Colegiales, I picked up two Western Union transfers (cash) this morning, one from Paga Facil in Belgrano (La Plampa 2451) and another one from a smaller Pago Facil in Colegiales today (Av. Álvarez Thomas 888), both times for 64k without issues.

A quick update for those having trouble sending to bank accounts, after two rejected transfers, a third that we sent on Monday the 18th went through today. I'm not sure if there's a reason or if it's dumb luck. It obviously took a little longer than the first ones, about the full six working days. I'm going to send another tomorrow to see if that is also successful and will report back, I'd recommend anyone that was having the same issue try again, with any luck maybe they've sorted it.

Ahh, Western Union Wheel of Fortune as ever. Encouraging news the bank transfer is working. Suerte.

In case anyone is looking for a location for a cash pickup in Belgrano/Colegiales, I picked up two Western Union transfers (cash) this morning, one from Paga Facil in Belgrano (La Plampa 2451) and another one from a smaller Pago Facil in Colegiales today (Av. Álvarez Thomas 888), both times for 64k without issues.
Could you help me with how you are actually initiating the transfer? The app and other online info are saying that Western Union is not currently available. Are you using the app connected to a US or other foreign account?

I'm going to send another tomorrow to see if that is also successful and will report back, I'd recommend anyone that was having the same issue try again, with any luck maybe they've sorted it.
I have just logged in to give it another try and it looks like the rate went down to 1 USD = 105 ARS.

Also, has anyone tried Small World Money Transfer to send money to Argentina? They might be an alternative to WU.

On the off chance anyone has actual US cash dollars to exchange, I have a very nice lady that is paying 122 per. More than willing to make an introduction or pass along contact info if anyone would like.

I have just logged in to give it another try and it looks like the rate went down to 1 USD = 105 ARS.
Also, has anyone tried Small World Money Transfer to send money to Argentina? They might be an alternative to WU.
Thank you, lost, for the information.
I started a separate thread so people can post their experiences, opinions, etc. Title: Small World Money Transfer

Back