Western Union money transfer

Could you help me with how you are actually initiating the transfer? The app and other online info are saying that Western Union is not currently available. Are you using the app connected to a US or other foreign account?

I've done it the same way every time, through the app with an account from the UK. Prior to maybe 2 months ago I was unable to initiate a transfer to a bank account, only to a cash pick-up. Since they've started to allow them, I haven't had any issues actually sending the money, only in the final step of the money being delivered to the requested account. Is your account from another country? Are able to send to cash or is nothing working for you?

I have just logged in to give it another try and it looks like the rate went down to 1 USD = 105 ARS.

Also, has anyone tried Small World Money Transfer to send money to Argentina? They might be an alternative to WU.

the rate is currently higher and fees are lower on https://azimo.com/

WU can pay out transfers anywhere in Argentina through the post Offices , Can Azimo , Small World, etc pay out around the country . Any XP or comments?

Will try to write one. Cannot promise when it will be ready. This will be a longer tutorial ...

There is a great deal of info for beginners at https://99bitcoins.com/
Perhaps if you link to some of their tutorials, it might save you a lot of work on your own tutorial. No sense re-inventing the wheel and all that.
They offer a free crash course intro to BTC, in which they send you one email a day for 7 days, gradually working you up to basic competence in the subject.

The big problem I encountered in trying to Use BTC to move money from USA to ARG is one of verification. The fact that I am physically in ARG but my bank and such are in USA causes most exchanges to reject my application. They don't seem to make any allowance for expats. Coinbase just said "we don't offer services in your country", then when I messaged their support to explain, they rejected my message, saying "we don't offer support in your country".

WU can pay out transfers anywhere in Argentina through the post Offices , Can Azimo , Small World, etc pay out around the country . Any XP or comments?
Argenper has offices in several major cities in Argentina. When I made my Azimo transfer I wasn't able to pick it up at the Argenper office close to my place in CABA, though, so the number of places where you can do that seems to be somewhat restricted at the moment. You have to choose a specific pick-up location when you make the transfer and then you can see if there's any place that's convient for you. If there's none simply don't go through with it.

Could you help me with how you are actually initiating the transfer? The app and other online info are saying that Western Union is not currently available. Are you using the app connected to a US or other foreign account?

I used the Western Union website, I just used my debit card to make these trarnsactions though.

It did take a while to do the couple of transations, each page was given me some sort of error, I had to either reload the page or start over.

I checked the Western Union site and it's working ok for me but it's the French one so it might differ from the US site.

Back