Western Union money transfer

A quick update for those having trouble sending to bank accounts, after two rejected transfers, a third that we sent on Monday the 18th went through today. I'm not sure if there's a reason or if it's dumb luck. It obviously took a little longer than the first ones, about the full six working days. I'm going to send another tomorrow to see if that is also successful and will report back, I'd recommend anyone that was having the same issue try again, with any luck maybe they've sorted it.

So another unexpected update. I tried the transfer again this morning and I already have an email confirming the money has been sent to the receivers account. We haven't actually got the money yet, but that email is as good as confirmation and it will most likely be there today. So this time a turnaround of under a day. Another thing worth pointing out is that this time we didn't even receive the registration form that they've sent multiple times with every other transfer.

It's worth pointing out that on the day I sent the transfer last week, in addition to filling out the form they sent automatically, we filled out a seperate form that we got from the infomation you receive when you phone western union - https://www.e-pagofacil.com/dtb/ - What this is supposed to be for is to allow people who have received money as a cash pick-up to instead have it deposited into a bank account to save them having to pick it up. First you register using that form, then send a email with your details to WU to request the money. We were planning on trying this as an alternative to a direct deposit, once you fill out the form you're told that you'll get a confirmation email in 48-72 hours. (If any one wants more info on this it's all in the recorded message in spainish you hear when you phone WU's argentinian number) We never received the email, and therefore never tried it to see if it worked. It might just be a coincidence, but if anyone is still having problems with the registration form, or receiving a third transfer, then maybe it's not fixed - it's that the two registrations systems are linked and the 2nd works for some unknown reason.

I can't explain any of it, so i'm just going to be thankful that its at least working for now. I hope it is for others too!

I wonder if this new 5 day wait will impact the WU rate?
May 27, 2020
For the new obstacles
Calm dollar: why the new restrictions flattened the currency curve
To buy dollars on the stock market, you have to wait five days before selling the bonds against dollars.
The solution: have bonuses already "parked".....

Successfully transferred slightly less than 3k debit card to bank in a couple days. I find the 10 dollar fee is worth the reduced wait time. No issues with the 5 day wait

WU can pay out transfers anywhere in Argentina through the post Offices , Can Azimo , Small World, etc pay out around the country . Any XP or comments?
Although you have a limited choice of offices for Azimo pick-up when making the transfer you can contact Argenper and change it to another office that's not on the list (so I was told).

I've done it the same way every time, through the app with an account from the UK. Prior to maybe 2 months ago I was unable to initiate a transfer to a bank account, only to a cash pick-up. Since they've started to allow them, I haven't had any issues actually sending the money, only in the final step of the money being delivered to the requested account. Is your account from another country? Are able to send to cash or is nothing working for you?
I’m from the US. I have a debit card I can use but the fees and the exchange rate suck. I wasn’t having any problems doing it through the app before, but since quarantine it seems to be fickle.

£1=141.34860 compared to
WU £1= 132.4223 on Thursday 28th

I made a cash pick up using Azimo and Argenpen today. Very easy and quick, pick up took a few minutes. Passport only needed. Selected days according to your ID no.

Transfer was ready for pickup on Azimo in 30mins.

I sent a whatapp on Thursday as my passport ends with 6. They said the cash would be available today between 9-12.

On the app you can only select a few pickup locations but after I requested another directly with Argenpen as only 4 blocks from me. Today I asked what the max amount was she said 'no limit'.

Also, a friend sent me £10 cash back code a while ago, and there is no fee for 2x. If you haven't already used Azimo my code is HEIDIM15 we will both receive £10.

Get £10 off your first transfer when you register to Azimo using this link. https://azimo.app.link/invite?code=HEIDIM15&?medium=clipboard

Back