Western Union money transfer

On Friday 29 May I initiated a WU transfer via the phone app. Using the 'send again' option of an earlier successful transfer (same sender/same receiver), entered a different amount than the original transfer. Paying with my US debit card & transferring into my local Arg peso bank account.
Transfer posted to the local bank account by late Monday afternoon, 1 June. Western Union, Wheel of Fortune.

update:
1 - my mom opened a new account 2 days ago from NYC

2 - successfully transferred $500 to my wife's account using not her official Banco Galicia account #* ( which was not allowed due to 'not having enough #s' ) but instead using her full CBU# and her CUIL.

3 -So now at least i know it has something to either do with how i sign into the account ( which has not changed! VPN on mobile and desktop) OR possibly i'm somehow blacklisted because i tried my original account and a new account ( each with diff bank account and debit card) -- also manually on the phone failed with no reason provided.

Wheel of Misfortune indeed. grrrrrr

update:
1 - my mom opened a new account 2 days ago from NYC
2 - successfully transferred $500 to my wife's account using not her official Banco Galicia account #* ( which was not allowed due to 'not having enough #s' ) but instead using her full CBU# and her CUIL.
3 -So now at least i know it has something to either do with how i sign into the account ( which has not changed! VPN on mobile and desktop) OR possibly i'm somehow blacklisted because i tried my original account and a new account ( each with diff bank account and debit card) -- also manually on the phone failed with no reason provided.
Wheel of Misfortune indeed. grrrrrr
An early recommend I received from WU support was to delete and start a new receiver set up (rather than trying to perfect/improve the one I was having trouble with). Yes, you need to use the CBU# of your Argentina bank account. You, as the receiver, need to identify Nationality as: Argentina. As receiver, use your full name as shown on your Argentina bank account. You don't need VPN. The phone app has worked better for me than the desktop version when setting up the transfer. The desktop version is easier to use when creating and populating your account information. And last, WU customer support can be unbelievably lame. Suerte

i just received my first transfer via western union from my us bank (dollars) to my argentine bank(pesos). and i got an email with the form that has been discussed previously. at the bottom of the form it asks for personal information declaration. My question is what do they mean? what should i be putting in this box? thanks for your time

i just received my first transfer via western union from my us bank (dollars) to my argentine bank(pesos). and i got an email with the form that has been discussed previously. at the bottom of the form it asks for personal information declaration. My question is what do they mean? what should i be putting in this box? thanks for your time
How can receivers register in Argentina?
How can receivers register in Argentina?
Receiving money in Argentina
If you receive a money transfer in Argentina, you need to complete a one-time registration within 90 days of getting it.
Also, if you receive 2 additional transfers within that 90-day period (a total of 3 transfers), you will need to register before you can pick up the third transfer.
To get you registered, we will contact you within 24 hours of the transfer at the number provided by your sender. You will be asked to provide additional identifying information on an online form used for registering transfers.

To answer your question, please post the blank registration form being referred on the e-mail you received from WU after your first bank-to-bank transfer.

Last edited:
(below is the form i was sent)
Datos personales
Nombre
Apellido
Documento (DNI) (Solo números)
Estado Civil Seleccione un estado.... Soltero Casado Viudo Divorciado Legalmente Separado Concubinato
Ocupación, oficio, profesión o actividad comercial.
CUIL/CUIT/CDI (Solo números)
Domicilio
Localidad
Provincia
Código Postal
Fecha de Nacimiento (dd/mm/aaaa)
Lugar de Nacimiento
Nacionalidad
Teléfono (Solo números)
Datos Personales

Declaro que he leído y Acepto la declaración precedente
Personas Expuestas Políticamente

Declaro que NO estoy incluido dentro de la Nómina de Personas Expuestas Políticamente aprobada por la Unidad de Información Financiera. Declaro que SI estoy incluido dentro de la Nómina de Personas Expuestas Políticamente aprobada por la Unidad de Información Financiera.
Términos y Condiciones del Servicio

Declaro que he leído y Acepto los términos y condiciones precedentes
Declaración Adicional sobre Normas de Privacidad

(below is the form i was sent)

Datos Personales

Declaro que he leído y Acepto la declaración precedente
Personas Expuestas Políticamente

Declaro que NO estoy incluido dentro de la Nómina de Personas Expuestas Políticamente aprobada por la Unidad de Información Financiera. Declaro que SI estoy incluido dentro de la Nómina de Personas Expuestas Políticamente aprobada por la Unidad de Información Financiera.
Términos y Condiciones del Servicio

Declaro que he leído y Acepto los términos y condiciones precedentes
Declaración Adicional sobre Normas de Privacidad
Per Google Translate...what you are being asked to sign is a sworn statement.
Personal information

I declare that I have read and I accept the preceding declaration
Politically Exposed People

I declare that I am NOT included in the List of Politically Exposed Persons approved by the Financial Information Unit. I declare that I AM included in the List of Politically Exposed Persons approved by the Financial Information Unit.
Terms and conditions of the service

I declare that I have read and accept the preceding terms and conditions
Additional Statement on Privacy Rules

Last edited:
@artisans thanks for that advice. just curious, how often does WU’s mobile app reject your transfer attempts? do you notice any pattern?

thanks again

@artisans thanks for that advice. just curious, how often does WU’s mobile app reject your transfer attempts? do you notice any pattern? thanks again
Once I rewrote the receiver information, as indicated, and started using the phone app to initiate my transfers (whether for pick up cash or for deposit to Arg bank account) have had no rejects. Something like 3 months. Before that WU was very problematic. Another issue now resolved - using Mastercard debit card for payment, at the final step of processing the transfer payment MasterCard has a security check, requires you receive and enter a code via phone or text message. WU interface was not handling it well, could not get the MC call. On my last transfer it's now working smoothly.

fantastic. i will try to replicate this and report back. thank you!!

Back