Western Union money transfer

Damn. No luck! here's what i did:

1 - i used my original WU account ( this time w/o a VPN ) via mobile app.
2 - i created a NEW recipient ( wife )
3 - i used my Visa Debit card ( which worked during the last successful transfer 2 months ago )

it simply showed no errors. just told me to find a branch.

Damn. No luck! here's what i did:
1 - i used my original WU account ( this time w/o a VPN ) via mobile app.
2 - i created a NEW recipient ( wife )
3 - i used my Visa Debit card ( which worked during the last successful transfer 2 months ago )
it simply showed no errors. just told me to find a branch.
Did your receiver (wife) identify nationality as Argentina?

You might try from scratch to create a simple model that works, using the desktop WU account.
Build first a sender (you) / receiver ( yourself) for a cash pickup. Minimal, minimal (no bank) basic details for receiver
Build a a sender (you) / receiver (your wife) for a cash pickup Minimal, minimal (no bank) basic details for receiver
Build a receiver (you or wife) for bank transfer with full details. The name of this receiver includes the middle name to differentiate it.

Once you have a successful cash transfer pickup using the desktop, try again the the phone app for a bank deposit.
At that point your phone app will be populated with all the info you've set up using the desktop.

Once you have a successful transfer, WU will offer "send again" option. Always re-use that "send again" option, which allows you to change the amount but uses the prior successful transfer information.

Did your receiver (wife) identify nationality as Argentina?
YES.

I already had her profile in my WU app to 'send again' and that failed numerous times.

But i will nevertheless try these steps and see how far i can get. What really bothers me is that no one at WU phone support has any insights, wont send me an email confirming the failure, or upstream it as a support ticket to any team. But why should they right?

thanks ONCE AGAIN!

Build first a sender (you) / receiver ( yourself) for a cash pickup. Minimal, minimal (no bank) basic details for receiver
should this be a completely new email address for me? or should i use my original account? @artisans

also to add more weirdness i get this notification from my BOA bank that a transaction WAS MADE !!

Hey guys, quick question. If someone that has no DNI wants to pick up a cash transfer from WU, what kind of form will they have to fill up? and how does this work regarding afip if we still don't have a DNI or precaria.

Hey guys, quick question. If someone that has no DNI wants to pick up a cash transfer from WU, what kind of form will they have to fill up? and how does this work regarding afip if we still don't have a DNI or precaria.

I carried out a few transfers on the Western Union site using my French bank card and picked up here in cash, I just had to answer a few questions about my ocupation and reason for transfer, along with uploading a photo of my passport.

When you go to pick it up they just ask for your passport and the number of the transfer (I think I was reading earlier in the thread that the supermarket locations of WU may need a photocopy of your passport, but in the paga facil / western union sites they didn't ask me for that).

Hey guys, quick question. If someone that has no DNI wants to pick up a cash transfer from WU, what kind of form will they have to fill up?
and how does this work regarding afip if we still don't have a DNI or precaria.
Regarding your question re AFIP, I assume you are currently here on a tourist visa. AFIP does not get involved in the financial activities of tourists while they are visiting Argentina.

I carried out a few transfers on the Western Union site using my French bank card and picked up here in cash, I just had to answer a few questions about my ocupation and reason for transfer, along with uploading a photo of my passport.

When you go to pick it up they just ask for your passport and the number of the transfer (I think I was reading earlier in the thread that the supermarket locations of WU may need a photocopy of your passport, but in the paga facil / western union sites they didn't ask me for that).
In addition, whether one picks up the cash in pesos at WU outlets or at Correo Argentino branches, the form you are asked to sign is a sworn statement...known as a declaracion jurada:
Per Google Translate..
Personal information

I declare that I have read and I accept the preceding declaration
Politically Exposed People

I declare that I am NOT included in the List of Politically Exposed Persons approved by the Financial Information Unit. I declare that I AM included in the List of Politically Exposed Persons approved by the Financial Information Unit.
Terms and conditions of the service

I declare that I have read and accept the preceding terms and conditions
Additional Statement on Privacy Rules

WU exchange rate at 10:00am this morning..
1.00 USD = 110.8100 Argentine Peso (ARS)

XOOM rate: 1 USD = 105,6740 ARS

I've migrated to Xoom from WU recently, the rate difference seems to be negligible but the fees are much lower. I paid 2.99 USD for direct bank transfer to my landlady and it arrived in less than 24hrs (but her bank did call with a couple of general questions). I also transfered cash to myself and paid the same fee for 74.99 (after that fee is 4.99). Available same day just like WU and picked it up at More with my PP.

XOOM rate: 1 USD = 105,6740 ARS

I've migrated to Xoom from WU recently, the rate difference seems to be negligible but the fees are much lower. I paid 2.99 USD for direct bank transfer to my landlady and it arrived in less than 24hrs (but her bank did call with a couple of general questions). I also transfered cash to myself and paid the same fee for 74.99 (after that fee is 4.99). Available same day just like WU and picked it up at More with my PP.
I've tried to do the same thing and signed up with Xoom. Was moving along creating the first transfer and towards the end needed to verify it was me by providing the user/pass of my bank.. hell no !! I'm still looking for WU replacement.

Back