Western Union money transfer

I had trouble sending to myself with cash pickups. This I can tell you. The compliance departments of Western Union and all others are run by people. If you are flagged once...I think you are flagged forever. And it is a person looking at your case...probably some dope, who does not want to risk his job. So you get the thumbs down. I think with WU is almost impossible to get a resolution.
I just called WU on one of their foreign numbers and spoke to someone who said it looked like it was due to exceeding a EUR3000 per 30 days limit (but also is usually a technical error as have not exceeded that amount) He escalated it and gave me a case number to which someone will respond within 24 hours. Let's see...

Update: WU reply recieved:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Western Union has introduced new system controls to limit the number of transactions and the amount of money sent or received. Western Union does this for many reasons to address risks with certain countries.

Unfortunately, we do not have access to the specific details that explain our systems transaction limits as these limits are maintained by our Compliance organization.

If you would like to have the decision reviewed, please send an email to [email protected]

Perhaps I should just send larger amounts and less transactions, but I have a strange phobia about pesos sit around gathering dust.

In the meantime this morning, I tried Xoom for the first time ever. For the EUR you get 124 pesos vs. 127 pesos of WU. Fees EUR 2.95. Not bad.
- I signed up online, very simple process
- Made the transfer using my foreign card to my ARG bank account
- Got an email requesting copy of my ID and bank / card statement from Xoom
- Sent the docs to Xoom
- Got an email an hour later saying all good, deposit has been made
- Got a phone call an hour after that from "Giros More" here in CABA (Representative of Xoom in ARG) just to verify the transfer was legit and request a copy of my DNI
- Sent the copy of my DNI via Whatsapp (loving Argentine informality)
- Informed by Whatsapp all good and they made the transfer from Giros More to my ARG bank account

I've never used Western Union, but need to do it now. Two questions:
-- Is there a location open near Palermo?
-- Is a dollar transfer paid out in pesos? If so, at what rate?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Palermo location I use often: Guatemala y Armenia best bet if you arrive@10:00 am open... Google for others...
Payout is always in pesos..

P.s its flat ...

Update: WU reply recieved:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Western Union has introduced new system controls to limit the number of transactions and the amount of money sent or received. Western Union does this for many reasons to address risks with certain countries.

Unfortunately, we do not have access to the specific details that explain our systems transaction limits as these limits are maintained by our Compliance organization.

If you would like to have the decision reviewed, please send an email to [email protected]

Perhaps I should just send larger amounts and less transactions, but I have a strange phobia about pesos sit around gathering dust.

In the meantime this morning, I tried Xoom for the first time ever. For the EUR you get 124 pesos vs. 127 pesos of WU. Fees EUR 2.95. Not bad.
- I signed up online, very simple process
- Made the transfer using my foreign card to my ARG bank account
- Got an email requesting copy of my ID and bank / card statement from Xoom
- Sent the docs to Xoom
- Got an email an hour later saying all good, deposit has been made
- Got a phone call an hour after that from "Giros More" here in CABA (Representative of Xoom in ARG) just to verify the transfer was legit and request a copy of my DNI
- Sent the copy of my DNI via Whatsapp (loving Argentine informality)
- Informed by Whatsapp all good and they made the transfer from Giros More to my ARG bank account

Not just you. I did 2 WU > Arg bank transfers lately, both were bounced back. No reason given. Was like trying to get blood from a stone and then I was finally told I needed to contact the same email you were provided, [email protected] for more information. Emailed them, no reply.

The transfer is coming from Peru. Am trying to help a friend receive money from her daughter, an inexperienced girl.

Not just you. I did 2 WU > Arg bank transfers lately, both were bounced back. No reason given. Was like trying to get blood from a stone and then I was finally told I needed to contact the same email you were provided, [email protected] for more information. Emailed them, no reply.

Received a reply:

Thank you for your email. Western Union strives to provide its consumers with a compliant customer centric service to move your money for better.

We have reviewed your information in our system and found no records related to any issue with your name; this means that this inquiry has no relation with our department.

Any request of this type is normally handled by our Customer Service department.
Please contact the Customer Service number for your local area located on the back of your receipt, or by visiting www.westernunion.com

Please provide them with your most recent MTCN, full name, Gold Card number (if applicable) and telephone number so they can better assist you.

**The information received will be treated in accordance with Western Union’s Privacy Statement.

Respectfully,

—————

= ffs.

Initiated a WU transfer from US bank account of U$ to Arg bank account of Arg pesos.
Using the 'Resend" option in the WU mobile app of a previously successful transfer changed the dollar amount only, all else remained the same.
Transfer was successful and deposited into the Arg bank account in pesos within 2 business days.

Back