Western Union money transfer

Dropped back to 1.00 USD = 148.3600 Argentine Peso (ARS) 2. ... but need to pay bills... I tried to send myself money this morning... There was an error... Anybody else having problems?
I'm trying to make an online transfer for a cash pick-up without success since yesterday. I had no issues so far. The system get stuck when processing the transfer with a 'loading' message and then times out and back to the transfer page. I called them and they said their POLI system is down (online bank transfer system) and they don't know when will be back up again. I have a feeling this is not causing the issue since I'm using a credit/debit card and not POLI.

I have recently been getting dinged by WU really bad. On my online account I try to send myself money and they give me an exchange rate...but at pickup its about 5% lower. They say it's the exchange rate changing, but it's impossible. Is anyone else having this issue?

From Scotiabank acct. western union send to self,pickup here...
The thing is that right now WU is giving the shitiest rates they ever have. Also they are doing this really creepy thing...when I do the transfer, they say one exchange rate, but When I go to the office they payout 5% less. They are charging about 10, or eleven %.

The thing is that right now WU is giving the shitiest rates they ever have. Also they are doing this really creepy thing...when I do the transfer, they say one exchange rate, but When I go to the office they payout 5% less. They are charging about 10, or eleven %.

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”

— Napoleon Bonaparte

WU and other remittance companies are essentially private bankers, and as such they are just as much bottom-feeders as any other type of bankers. They are the spiritual descendants of those money-changers whom Jesus scourged from the temple. Of course they are taking advantage of the situation. It's what they do.

I am getting ripped-off the same as you are. I feel your pain. But I'm afraid this is another of those situations in which all we can do is shrug and suffer through it. Because Argentina.

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”

— Napoleon Bonaparte

WU and other remittance companies are essentially private bankers, and as such they are just as much bottom-feeders as any other type of bankers. They are the spiritual descendants of those money-changers whom Jesus scourged from the temple. Of course they are taking advantage of the situation. It's what they do.

I am getting ripped-off the same as you are. I feel your pain. But I'm afraid this is another of those situations in which all we can do is shrug and suffer through it. Because Argentina.

Oh man! I think you nailed it on the head there! There has to be a cheaper way though...um, there are paypal people, I'm trying to open a US bank account that will have free transfers from my Canadian account...paypal canada does not have friends and family outside of canada, so I was forced to pay a 4.5 % merchant fee. That's on top of their 4.5 percent exchange rate. 9% for my own money. And if I use my credit card, I pay the official rate. It's such a ripoff. I used to withdraw cash from the atm...but my bank is so evil they charge a 5% exchange fee, and give me the shitties rate legally possible, and charge a five dollar fee and then I have to pay the local bank fee. I can't seem to get around the 10% fee. But if I had a million dollars, I guarantee you I wouldn't have to pay 10%.

Today made a cash transfer to Argentina, the rate was about $146 pesos paid at the WU Recoleta branch. Pretty good

Back