Western Union money transfer

anyone know why the CCL rate is stuck at below the solidarity dollar? The blue is 169 but the CCL remains at 142 resulting in WU rate of 140.

The solidarity is at 147... something is messed up here...

Anyone knows what's the usual limit for cash pick up in Buenos Aires? I'd rather do that than bank transfer, fewer fees I believe, but 2k in USD may be more than what WU locations carry in pesos.

For $2000 you can ONLY go to the main office...yes you might run into a location that can handle that ...but don't ever expect it. On Montivideo...

And yes use W.U. and they can do more than $2000. And the smaller locations sometimes have almost nothing. It just depends.

Anyone knows what's the usual limit for cash pick up in Buenos Aires? I'd rather do that than bank transfer, fewer fees I believe, but 2k in USD may be more than what WU locations carry in pesos.
I always use the Pago Facil/ Western Union on Peru near Casa Rosada. It is near big banks and always has plenty of pesos.

anyone know why the CCL rate is stuck at below the solidarity dollar? The blue is 169 but the CCL remains at 142 resulting in WU rate of 140.

The solidarity is at 147... something is messed up here...
The CCL and MEP are both below the solidarity now (146 vs 149,74 at the “sell” rate) as there is less demand for them, despite actually now being easier to operate.

It is expected that after the summer the demand for dollars will increase again and we will see the return of a substantial “brecha” as inflation and other factors also put pressure on it, testing just how much “freedom” the official rate really has. At the moment the official and solidarity are closer to what is currently considered the “real value” of the peso vs. dollar hence taking pressure of these alternative dollars.

Does anyone remember AF last year promise there would be no devaluation back when the solidarity was at 130ish and the official 79ish and they took some brakes off the peso... yeah things look different now with the official above 90 and climbing - 13% weaker in just a few short months but of course we don’t call it devaluation.

Any experiences of WU transfers from US Banks to cash pick-up in WU BA offices. Not using Debit/Credit Cards ...?
Tks

Any experiences of WU transfers from US Banks to cash pick-up in WU BA offices. Not using Debit/Credit Cards ...?
Tks
I have been using WU for cash pickup once a month for two years. You need your passport. The address on your western union account needs to be the same as your passport. I have never had a problem. I go to the same office everytime. Pago Facil/ Western Union on Peru near Casa Rosada. They always have enough pesos.

Back