Western Union money transfer

If WU is asking for a CDI in order to pick up the funds and the CDI is given to the foreiger in a sealed envelope, he/she (or the sender if it is another party) will not be able to enter it in any field when initiating the transfer.

I don't think it would be a good idea to try to use a false one, even if there is a field to enter it in online.

Perhaps BC2 could provide a legal opinion regarding the consequences of providing false information to an Argentine financial institution.

Was just thinking back to the 8 months it took to get my dni sent to me. I always just gave my USA drivers license number. It worked every time and nobody said anything.

Was just thinking back to the 8 months it took to get my dni sent to me. I always just gave my USA drivers license number. It worked every time and nobody said anything.
Your identity is not in question. If Western Union is asking for a CDI it probably means they have to provide the details of the transfers to AFIP, and at least at some point (perhaps after X number of transfers or after X number of months), that includes a tax number that shows the recipient is registerd with AFIP.

If others are able to complete transfers without WU asking for a CDI it could mean they have not exceded some presently unknown limit or the employee that said a CDI was needed for future transfers was wrong. I hope they will share their experiences.

Damn. Just transferred my rent yesterday....

Always seems to go that way, doesn't it? You take some action involving some amount of gelt, and 24 hours later there's some change that would have benefited you if you'd only waited.

Conversely, if you decide to wait, it goes the other way and you think "Ahhh, why didn't I do that yesterday?"

I almost miss the days when I lived stateside and money was just money (though not as much as I miss Trader Joe's huge selection of coffee). Life here in Argentina involves this constant awareness of always-shifting exchange rates, fees, demands, and whatnot...

You win some you lose some. At least I got out of my dollar lease and into a peso lease. Now I can transfer on whatever day and not have to worry about timing the end of the month. A peso is a peso.

Euro has hit 185 pesos today on Western Union, must be some kind of record.

Back