Western Union money transfer

From what I have read, they will probably cancel the option to pay foreign credit card expenses in pesos. So Argentinians will have to buy dollars (Blue, MEP) to pay the dollar expenses on the credit cards. But IMO they can take other actions to avoid more devaluation of the peso.
CCL to $400 if this happens lol. I doubt it, because they'd be bending over and kissing their asses goodbye politically. It would impact even the working poor who just want to watch Netflix or listen to Spotify, forget traveling abroad.

That being said, anything is possible with these idiots.

CCL to $400 if this happens lol. I doubt it, because they'd be bending over and kissing their asses goodbye politically. It would impact even the working poor who just want to watch Netflix or listen to Spotify, forget traveling abroad.

People already have to pay the impuesto PAIS for things that they buy in dollars, including in the country. Things like Netflix. Netflix changed how they bill to allow paying in pesos because of this. If you buy anything priced in dollars, you pay this 35% impuesto (it is refundable if you go through the paperwork, but with inflation, by the time you get the refund it's worth a lot less, plus people that don't file tax returns [the people that most need the money] usually don't bother trying to get the refund).

People already have to pay the impuesto PAIS for things that they buy in dollars, including in the country. Things like Netflix. Netflix changed how they bill to allow paying in pesos because of this. If you buy anything priced in dollars, you pay this 35% impuesto (it is refundable if you go through the paperwork, but with inflation, by the time you get the refund it's worth a lot less, plus people that don't file tax returns [the people that most need the money] usually don't bother trying to get the refund).
Yes, but "dolar tarjeta" (including 35% imp Pais) is $220 - Dollar CCL $ 300. Some people are taking advantage of this.
Sadly, I agree.

Yes, but "dolar tarjeta" (including 35% imp Pais) is $220 - Dollar CCL $ 300. Some people are taking advantage of this.
Yes, I understand that. I was just saying that this would not be the first recent curb on travel dollars. People may scream, but they have to know already that they may again put the squeeze on travel and other dollar denominated costs. It was one of the first things that Batakis talked about, creating a huge controversy (especially after it was discovered that her son was part of a group travelling to England even as she was criticizing travelers). I don't know that it would affect the FDT's already low chances very much in the next elections, since people are already pretty polarized, and I doubt that they have many votes to lose among the travel crowd.

I was at the Cordoba WU office around 9:15 this morning, roughly fifteen minutes after they opened. The line was already out the door and back along Cordoba to the end of the window. When I finally left an hour later, it was backed up to the bus stop at mid-block. The teller with whom I spoke commented that it would be worse in the afternoon. The state of panic is incredible.

Back